Keeping the Elements Together

Marco and Fluttershy were heading back to the cottage, the latter overwhelmed by how awkward it was. Pure silence, or was it?

"The blood moon destined you and your best friend to be lovers?" Fluttershy asked him less angrily. "Marco, do you know how serious that is?"

"I know, and believe me Fluttershy I didn't know that till now." Marco reassured her.

Why does it matter to you anyway?

"You'll have to see Princess Celestia about that, she might find a way to break the bond." Fluttershy explained.

"Why do you want it to be broken anyway?" Marco blurted out, wanting answers.

"I..."

Just admit you like me!

"Forget it, forget I asked." Marco growled, running ahead of her to the cottage.

...

"Wait! Tom! I'm coming!"

Tom was still sadly walking down the sidewalks of Ponyville when he heard Pinkie galloping towards him. He gasped when Pinkie tackled him from behind and they both fell over.

"Darnit Pinkie! What the bloody hell was that for?!" Tom gasped for air and Pinkie rolled off his back.

"I'm not going to let you go thinking Ponyville is an unfriendly place!" Pinkie exclaimed. "Many of these ponies haven't given you a chance, but you keep missing the point!"

"And what would that be?" Tom sneered.

"I've given you a chance." Pinkie reminded him. "I don't understand why that doesn't matter to you."

"Because I came here for Star, and now she's with someone else." Tom told her, getting up. "I'm going back to the Underworld, and you better not have hidden my scissors-"

"I didn't."

"Oh? I really expected...why are you sad?" Tom asked her, tilting his head looking at her with confused red eyes.

"Tom, have you ever heard of love at first sight?" Pinkie asked him, looking at the ground.

"Well, I guess." Tom replied. "Pinkie, where are you going with this-"

"Um, it was just a question merely out of curiosity." Pinkie lied. "You go ahead and take your walk. I'll be back at our-I mean my place."

Pinkie turned around and walked back to Sugarcube Corner. And when she walked back in, she saw the table was empty. She went up to her loft, the whole corner was depressingly quiet.

...

"So you haven't completed the mission yet Rarity?"

"No." Rarity answered Applejack as they were sitting on the crystal chairs around the map along with Twilight and Rainbow Dash.

"So that's why your cutie mark is still on Manehattan." Twilight said. "You do realize we can't solve anymore problems if the map's stuck on one right?"

"Twilight, I tried my hardest to get Vanita to stay but Star wouldn't let me talk to her." Rarity admitted.

"Well, she's in my custody so I can have something arranged." Twilight reassured Rarity with a smirk. "Applejack, Dash. Get Star back here by whatever means. Rarity, get the cage here please."