Chapter nine

You'd been on the bus a total of forty minutes before Danica had passed out cold in her seat, leaning against the window with her grey baseball cap clung over her face to hide her closed eyes. Almost like she felt vulnerable to be seen or known she was asleep. You stared at her, wondering just what it was she was dreaming about.

squinting your eyes, she seemed to have a habit of silently talking in her sleep. Not even talking, more like just mouthing words. You really did wonder what she was dreaming about, since you have that exact same habit.

~

Danica sighed, leaning against her hand in her bedroom. It was pretty big but it still felt like it was empty. She leaned forward on her study desk, the family photo of hers. Her father's hand on her shoulder, her mother standing behind her brother. The light from the ceiling made it so she couldn't see the face of her parents, but the blank expression she wore in the photo knew was the opposite of her brothers annoyingly obnoxious smirk. His bright blue eyes and (h/c) hair  shined due to that light.

Danica flicked the face of her brother Jaison, he always has to go and screw things up, doesn't he? It's the reason why shes in her room right now. Her mother and Father started yelling at each other about morales, their sons morales in this case. He's a little older than her, about a year or two. But out of the two, Danica's more mature.

There was a knock at her bedroom door, she sighed and got up out of the light green chair, her long hair that went past the middle of her back flew out behind her with her quick movements.

She opened the door to see none other than the last person who she wanted to see, her annoying older brother.

He shoved his way in, no questions asked as his taller muscular form gently shoved her out of the way. He sat on the green chair, crossed his legs and gave Danica a long hard stare.

"Think we can call Uncle to come over and get them to stop?" He questions, pushing shoulder length (h/c) hair out of his face and behind his ear. His bright blue eyes narrowing in on the smaller girl in question as he flipped out his phone.

"No. They can deal with this on their own, we don't have to keep calling him every single time they have a fight about you. Can't you just shut up? What would Grandfather say, honestly. If only he-"
"Don't bring that up. Don't you dare." He yelled, picking up the family picture frame and throwing it at the smaller girl.

She didn't grab it in time, but she dodged it fast enough for it to clatter against the wall behind her and shatter to the ground. Instantly he regretted his actions, looking at the ground in guilt.

"You're the reason this family is falling apart." She muttered.

"Danica, Danica wake up." You shook the girl, her sleepy (e/c) eyes fluttered open, the baseball cap falling off her face.

"We have to get off the bus, it's the end of the line. Come on we-"
"Where are we?" She mumbles, standing up and walking outside of the bus with you. All senses of sleep where gone from her. It seemed as if she'd been awake for hours, alert and ready. How the hell does she do that? It bothered you. It takes you about two cups of coffee to be fully awake.

"We're in Bludhaven. We should leave here really quick and get on the next bus to Central city at best." You answered quickly. You knew that you wouldn't have to worry about Batman here, but there is that Nightwing guy you see every now and then in the news with Batman. And thinking that he could have some form of connection with the guy made you scarce to get out of Bludhaven quickly.