Chapter Three: Can We Start Over?

Start from the beginning

                He smiled at me over the lid of his drink. "It's a secret."

                "Right." I shook my head. "I appreciate this and all, but breakfast couldn't wait for like an hour?" I took my sleep very seriously and interrupting it was punishable by death…okay, I wouldn’t go that far but I swear that if he didn’t have a good reason for waking me up he wouldn’t hear the end of it.

                "Sorry princess, we need to go shopping." when I continued to stare at him with a confused look he clarified. "For groceries and other things for the dorm....I would have gone myself but I don’t know what you like. And besides aren’t girls supposed to love shopping?" he said the last part absent mindedly while picking up a picture I had set out yesterday on the desk. It was of me and my brother Skylar last summer before he went away for basic training. We were at our favorite lake and my mom had snapped the picture of me smiling happily at the camera when Skylar placed a light kiss on my cheek. "Boyfriend?" he asked annoyed. I rolled my eyes not bothering to answer him. "Well for the record he looks like a tool."

                That made me laugh. Was that jealousy? "I'll be sure to let him know you think that." he didn’t seem to care as he put the picture back down and stood up. "Alright princess, are you about ready?"

                "I'm in my pajamas." I said standing up and gesturing to tank top and shorts.

                "It's a good look on you."

 I gave him a disgusted look then rolled my eyes. “I’d appreciate it if you didn’t flirt with me…at least not this early in the morning. I’d like to keep my breakfast.”

“Don’t flatter yourself princess, it’s a natural reflex.”

 “So I’ve heard…and saw.” Ava texted me not long after she left. Apparently Travis was pretty famous around campus. She had gathered information from her new roommate and some other reliable sources that my new roommate was the campus player-heart throb-heartbreaker, whatever floated your boat, along with his band of misfits that I assumed were the guys that was with him last night. I saw it first-hand at The Cove. That girl was all over him as well as some other girls who were giving his friends a go and no one seemed surprised.

He was oblivious to my last comment. He walked over to my closet and pulled out a shirt and pair of jeans and tossed it to me. "Hurry."

                I shook my head and grabbed some other things before heading to the bathroom to get ready. After about twenty minutes I walked back into the bedroom to find Travis going through my ipod. “Took you long enough. What’d you do? Go to the well to get your bath water?” he smirked proudly.

I gave him a dirty look before I snatched my ipod out of his hands "That's personal." He put his hands up in a way that said he surrendered. “You do realize that this is only day two and you’ve already broken three of my four rules and I have a sinking feeling you’ll be four for four soon.”

                "Curiosity got the best of me?" He said giving me an innocent puppy dog look. I blinked my eyes a few times to clear my head before I responded in a voice that I'm sure wasn't at all convincing. I’d be lying if I said he didn’t look incredibly sexy sporting that look "That doesn't work on me. I'm immune."

                "Immune to the puppy dog look? I doubt that very much princess." He threw his arm over my shoulders and led me out door. I shrugged him off and started walked a head of him to the elevators, he caught up to me with ease. “So where do you want to start? I was thinking we’ll get utensils and any kind of décor and toiletries first and then we can get some lunch and then well head to the grocery store?  I mean if that okay with you…”