Chapter 4

Lucy's POV

I sat down at the edge of my bed sadly as I stared at the broken pieces of glass on the carpet and the pile of ashes on the floor beside it.

I had broken all of the pictures of me and Natsu and burned them in the fire.

I ran out of tears long ago, meaning I can't cry anymore. What should I do now? Should I go back to the guild?

And risk seeing Natsu and Lisanna together all happy? No. I don't think my heart could take it anymore. I can't take it emotionally and physically.

Oh stop avoiding your problems. Go back to the guild and get a solo job. Then you'll show Natsu that you don't need him. A voice at the back of my head whispered.

I thought about it. Maybe. If I do, then it'll show Natsu that I don't need him out his stupid team.

Time Skip~ At the Guild

I took a deep breath and threw the doors of the guild open. Everyone's head turned to me but I ignored them, that is until a voice cried,"Lucy!" I turned around to see Erza and Gray standing there with a pitiful look on their faces.

"What?" I snapped at them.

If Natsu kicked me off the team, that means they agreed. And I was not in the best mood right now.

"Lucy, let me explain,"Erza said.

I glared at her. "Explain what? That you kicked me off the team and enjoyed it? Or is it to tell me how weak I am?"

She clenched her hands together. "Is that what Natsu told you?!"

I snorted. "You didn't know? After all, you did agree to this."

The two looked at me baffled. "Huh?"

I was getting irritated. They honestly think that I don't know? So instead of replying, I turned my back on them and walked over to the request board to look for a suitable mission.

A certain mission caught my attention. 

Please help us find the rare Ginseng herb that glows in the dark. There's only five left in the world. It's located in Musashitakahagi Forest. The reward is 3,000,000 jewels.

I grinned and grabbed it. "Hey Mira! Can I get this mission,"I asked. She looked at the poster and looked at me in concern. "Are you sure you can handle this mission Lucy? Maybe you can get something less dangerous,"she suggested. I balled my hands into fists. So she doesn't think that I can do it. 

"Yes I'm sure Mira." She sighed and gave me the book. "Ok, just sign here,"she said, pointing to the book and gave me a feather pen. I took the pen and quickly scribbled down my signature and the mission before leaving the guild with the poster in hand.

Mira's POV

I looked after her worriedly. She probably didn't see the little note at the bottom that said,"Beware. The Musashitakahagi Forest has a lot of monsters, bandits, and other evil beings. The Ginseng will be hard to find since the sun seems to set earlier in the forest." I bit my bottom lip as I served another mage which happened to be Erza. "Hey Erza, what's with the long face?" I asked her, forgetting about my concern for a moment. She sighed and looked down at her hands.

"Lucy thinks that me and Gray agreed with Natsu and kicked her off the team too. She didn't even let us explain!" She exclaimed. I put a hand on her shoulder but frowned when I heard Lucy's name. I wonder if she's going to be okay. "Think about what she's going through right now Erza. She's probably having a rough time,"I said softly.

She sighed but nodded. "Hey Mira, why do you look so worried? I looked at her sadly. "Lucy took a solo job," I said. She shot up to her feet, almost knocking over her drink. "She did what?!" I nodded. "Not only that but it's the job that requested the rare Ginseng plant," I said.

She balled her hands into tight fists. "The one that's found in Musashitakahagi Forest?! That one?!" I nodded again. By this time, Gray and Natsu already joined us. "Wait, what is it about Musashitakahagi Forest?" Natsu asked curiously. I looked at him in anger.

He took a step back.

"Apparently Lucy took a solo job. Not only that but her job was to get the rare Ginseng plant that's found in Musashitakahagi Forest. That was the S-class job that got switched to the regular board since nobody wanted to take the job. The requester was actually so desperate that he raised the jewles to 3 million,"I said coldly, causing Natsu to flinch.

I looked up to Natsu and he looked away. "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT NATSU! IF YOU DIDN'T KICK HER OUT OF THE DAMN TEAM, LUCY WOULDN'T BE IN THIS MESS YOU ASS!" I shouted, my demotic side coming out.

"Mira, calm down,"Erza said, resting a hand on my shoulder. I took deep breaths to calm myself. "You better hope that she'll be alright Natsu. If anything happens to her, you'll pay,"I threatened. He nodded and looked away, shamed.

I turned my back to him and walked back to the bar. I just hope that Lucy knows how dangerous Musashitakahagi Forest is. Most people that goes in never comes out.