Type

ZOE’S POV:

       Slipping on a pair of shorts and tank top I quickly rolled my hair out of the towel and scurried down stairs and down to the pool. Of course Jack was on my mind, but I still had to check on Alfie, if he hadn’t been around last night, it was uncertain what would have happened to me or Sarah.
       “Hey” I smiled as I shut the large glass door behind me, “whats up?”
       “Zoe..” he smirked as he stood from the pool chair, “are you okay?”
       “Oh” I grinned in embarrassment, “yeah, just a little hang over…”
       “I am glad” he sighed, “you were a little drunk last night.”
       “Yeah” I nodded as we both sat on down on the wooden pool bench, “I’m not much of a drinker.”
        “I thought so” he laughed, “Sarah and I found you passed out in a bush outside of the club.”
        “Oh, god…really?” I groaned as I felt my face turn red.
       “Yeah, but its not a big deal, everyone passes out.”
       “Sure” I giggled as I buried my face into my hands.

       Drinking beer always made me pass out super fast while wine and expensive alcohol would make me horny in a flip of a hat. I was always the sober friend when it came to clubbing with Sarah, El, and Charlie. The three of them were use to getting plastered while I was the responsible friend always covering and giving them a place to stay. 
       “But I can get a taxi back to the hotel, or I could walk.” smiled Alfie as I looked up.
       “You don’t half to walk!” I smiled, “you can go into town with us, we can drop you off.”
       “Really?” smiled Alfie as I watched his eyes meet mine.
       “Yeah, I think Charlie and Sarah want to get some groceries for the house.”
       “That would be great” he nodded as his glance ran past me and to the door.
       “Whats up?” smiled Sarah as she stumbled out of the house.
       “Just talking” I sighed as she flopped down between Alfie and I.
       “We had a kick ass time last night, right?” she giggled.
       “Yeah…” sighed Alfie as I watched his tone change from nice to annoyed.

———-

ALFIE’S POV:

       Looking over at Zoe I could feel my heart start to skip a beat. Her morning face was beautiful, fresh of make up with a light tan. I wanted to take the time we had alone to ask her out on a date, but of course Sarah had to stumble out of the house and make her presences known. It wasn’t that I didn’t like Sarah, she was a great girl, but she wasn’t my type. I loved the way Zoe looked, the way she was so humble and nice. Zoe was grounded and down to Earth, while Sarah was all about her looks and having sex.
       “Yeah, Alfie’s riding into town with us this morning” smiled Zoe as Sarah gasped.
       “Really?” questioned Sarah as she moved her hand from her leg onto mine.
       “Yeah…I have to get back and get a shower. I’m still supporting the club funk from last night.”
       “I think you smell great” giggled Sarah as she gave my leg a tight squeeze.
       “Thanks!” I yelped as I tried to wiggle myself from her grasp.
       “So, what are our plans for tonight?” I heard Charlie ask as she and El made their way from the back door to the empty seats around the pool.
       “Doesn’t matter to me” Zoe sighed as their glances ran to me.
       “I’m not sure what Marcus wants to do, but I am sure he’ll be up for some time with you all.”
       “Oh, I say he will” giggled El as she winked at Charlie.
       “What did you two do?” groaned Zoe as she rolled her eyes, “please nothing too extreme.”
       “Just a couple of three way kisses” giggled Charlie, “and a couple of…”
       “Okay, I don’t want to hear about it!” scoffed Zoe.
       “We were just having fun!” laughed El as she gave me a wink, “you know us.”
       “Yeah, I DO” muttered Zoe as she stood from the same wooden bench, “if you guys need me I will be getting ready before the taxi comes. Alfie, its been a pleasure.”
       Giving her a shy smile I slowly nodded as she swiftly turned and jogged back into the house.
       “About time that party pooper left” giggled Sarah as she moved her hand from my knee up to my middle thigh.
       “I…wheres the bathroom?” I choked as I jumped from the bench and out of Sarah’s grip.
       “Through the doors, make a right and it’s the last door before you reach the stairs.”’ giggled El as she and Charlie watched me squirm.
       “Thanks..” I yelped as I sprinted through the doors and into the large house.

———-

ZOE’S POV:

       I couldn’t believe how immature and slutty-ish El and Charlie had acted last night. Didn’t they know that paparazzi could easily find us in Ibiza? Snap one picture and our month retreat would be over. They never thought of anyone but their selves. And Sarah…how could she still be drink from last night? Throwing her self on Alfie wasn’t much better than the stunt that El and Charlie had pulled, but at least Alfie and Marcus were good guys, anyone else would have taken the bait and had used them.
       Reaching my bathroom I quickly remembered how El and Charlie had borrowed my straighter last night and had left it downstairs. The two of them were always borrowing my things and never returning them, why would being in Ibiza change it?
       Letting out a slow sigh I hurried down the staircase and to the bathroom slamming the door behind me. Searching for the straighter I  rummaged through the drawers as the door flew open.
       “Oh god!” screeched Alfie as he stepped back, “I’m sorry…”
       “Its okay!” I barked as I pulled open the last drawer with my things tangled together, “I’m just getting this.”
       “Are you okay?” Alfie asked as I slammed the drawer shut.
       “Just a little annoyed” I sighed as I stood looking him over.

       He stood motionless with his soft eyes glued on me. Out of all the years Jack and I had been together he had never asked me if I was okay or how I was feeling. It was always about him and his status, how much money he had, and who was watching him.
       “Is it me?” he questioned as our eyes met, “I mean I can leave…”
       “Its not you” I smiled, “just the girls and the way their acting. You would think the way their throwing themselves as you and Marcus that they’ve never seen boys before.”
       “Oh that” laughed Alfie, “its okay, I know Marcus is loving this attention.”
       “What about you?” I asked shyly, “do you like the attention from Sarah?”
       “Not really” he mumbled, “I mean shes a pretty girl, but totally not my type.”
       “Oh” I giggled, “what is your type?” 
       “Someone like you” he smiled, “down to Earth, confident, and independent.”
       Feeling my heart jump into my throat I could sense my face starting to flush. My urge to kiss Alfie at that moment had nearly taken over when the loud slam of the back door echoed through the house.
       “Lets go see if she is still mad” giggled El as she and Charlie started up the stairs.
       “Alfie, did you drown?” sighed Sarah as her footsteps headed towards the bathroom.

       In a panic, I quickly pushed Alfie out of the door to the bathroom and quickly slammed it. Leaning next to the large wooden door I could feel my heart start to slow as Sarah’s voice filled the air.
       “There you are” she giggled, “are you okay? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.”
       “I’m fine” Alfie answered.
       Looking at myself in the large bathroom mirror I could tell that I wasn’t fine. Did Alfie just say I was his type? Was I really falling for this guy?