Nothing More

“I love that top, you got!” I smiled over to Sarah, “the lace one will be perfect for the club.”
       “You think?” giggled Sarah as she searched for some money through her small purse, “I really wish we would have brought at least one hair stylist.”
       “Oh, Sarah, I can do your hair” smirked El, “a low up do or some loose curls will look good on you.”
       “I…I don’t know” sighed Sarah, “I’m really use to Palo fixing my hair..”
       “Trust her, Sarah!” echoed Charlie as she looked at a nearby rack of necklaces, “El might as well be a professional.”
       “That’s true!” I added in with a smile.
       “We’ll see” she grinned as she pulled all of her bags from the counter, “lets get some lunch!”
       “I second that!” sighed Charlie, “I am starving.”
       “Lead the way” I giggled as my eyes ran across the stores front window. Feeling my heart stop I couldn’t believe my eyes, standing still watching my friends and I stood the guy from last night. Seeing a smile spread across his face, I stood frozen in my steps. I couldn’t possibly face this guy..not when Charlie or any of the other girls were around.
       “Wait!” I sighed as I looked down at my hands, “lets go over to the next boutique first!”
       “Zoe, I’m starving” sighed Charlie, “we can go over there after we eat.”
       “But Sarah! I think they might have a professional hair salon next door, “we could get our hair done for the club!”
       “Zoe its only 12:30, the club doesn’t even open until 10, tonight.” laughed El.
       “Well…” I choked as I looked around frantically trying to come up with a way to avoid the random guy.
       “Lets race to the restaurant!” I smiled, “yeah, the last one to arrive has to play for everyones meal!”
       “Zoe, I don’t run” sighed Charlie as she looked over at me confused, “and neither do you…”

       Feeling my face start to become red I instantly broke out in a nervous laugh as my eyes ran back to the random boy. 
       “Come on girls, exercise never hurt anyone!” I laughed as I sprinted to the door and down the street opposite of the boy and the restaurant.
       “What has gotten into her?” sighed Sarah as she looked around confused.
       “I might know” laughed Charlie as she waved to the two smiling boys.

———-

       “Someone loves to exercise!” laughed Marcus as Zoe busted through the shop door and down the street.
       “I guess so” I sighed confused as I watched her look over her shoulder and turn into some large building.
       “Hey!” giggled one of the girls that appeared to be with Zoe, “whats up?”
       Looking over the girl I knew exactly that she was Marcus’s type. The dark ombred hair, stick skinny with a rocker crop top and short cut offs. 
       “Nothing much!” laughed Marcus as he gave me a nudge, “just looking around, yourself?”
       “Oh you know, shopping with the girls” she sighed as she motioned to the two confused girls behind her, “getting ready to grab a bite to eat.”
       “Oh really?” smirked Marcus, “that’s what we were going to, mind dinning together?” 

       Watching the girl look us over I knew that she was sizing us both up. Marcus was more of the male model type with dimples and chiseled out arms, while I stood more as his side kick. I had muscles yet they weren’t as defined and out there like Marcus’s while my coal black hair stood on end with my sunburned skin.
       “Sure!” smiled the girl, “follow us!”
       Looking over at Marcus I could feel my blood start to boil, he knew that I wanted Zoe, none of his island townies.
       “My names Charlie” smiled the girl as she looked back at us, “the tall one is El, and the lace wearing one is Sarah!”
       “Nice to meet you ladies” nodded Marcus, “my name is Marcus and this Alfie” 
       “Like wise” giggled El as she gave me a wink.

       Walking into the dimly lit restaurant I watched as three of the bus boys took the girls bags as they led us all up stairs to what seemed like the presidential area. Large tables with bright white table clothes boxed in the large room. Each table was decorated with plates, knives, and a small bunch of burning candles in the center. Thinking over my life this had to be one of the more fancy places that I had been to. Hearing a laugh echo the large hall I watched as Charlie sprinted to the main last table, “not it!” she giggled.
       “Not it!” echoed Sarah and El as they turned to look at Marcus and I.
       “Good job, boys. Not only do you get to eat with us, you get to pay!” laughed El as she gave Charlie a high five.
       “No problem” smile Marcus.

       Making our way to the table I could feel my face become white as all of the blood drained from me. Blinking my eyes I was beyond surprised to see Zoe sitting with a small smirk on her face. Feeling our eyes meet I slowly gave her a nod as she stood, “and who do we have here?” she giggled.
       “Marcus and Alfie” giggled Sarah as she sat down, “we met them outside.”
       “Guys, this is Zoe” grinned Charlie as she watched Zoe.
       “Nice to meet you” smiled Marcus as she shook her hand.
       “Zoe” I smiled as I felt our hands touch for the first time, “nice to meet you.”

———-

       Feeing his soft hand touch mine I instantly became weak at the knees. His name was Alfie, he stood around 6’2 with a smile that could break anyones bad day. The boy that had been running through my head for the last day was now having lunch with the girls and I. How could I keep this crush on him a secret? How could I keep it from the girls and still act normal, I had already ran away from them in a panic, I had to keep cool. Especially in front of Charlie, she knew me even better than myself, I had to keep my composure and my mind away from love, this was a summer holiday. Nothing more.