(16) Distance

Hola ~ that's right, I'm Spanish today! I was French like 10 chapters ago, the rest I was English but no, today I am Spanish!

CHAPTER 16 -- Woooohooo! I honestly had so much fun writing this chapter, half of the time it's just a bunch of stupid stuff but I don't know, I think how lighthearted it is is such a nice change compared to how dark the story has been lately! 

Leo or Noah...? Hmmm, I wonder who she'll end up with, or will she end up with either?! :o

I'll leave it at that, so please don't forget to:

VOTE/COMMENT/FAN which you can do that-a-way ~~~~~~>

Read on you cool cats (you're probably not cats but you're still cool so enjoy the chapter)   

(─‿‿─) 

******************************************************************************************

“Adalia! Adalia, open the door!” Noah yelled, slamming his fist against it. “It’s past noon, get out of your room!”

“Clearly, Adalia doesn’t want to see you,” Leo told him, and I could practically hear his smirk.

“She probably doesn’t want to see you either!”

“She does. I’ve probably been on her mind a lot since last night.”

Why?

Why, is he so cocky?

And why the hell is he right?!  

I dropped my head into my hands letting out a shaky breath before sucking one back in. All I could hear was him saying it, over and over and over again: “Because, I love you, Adalia.”

“No! No! No! No! NO!” I fell back onto the bed, covering my burning face with my hands and kicking my legs against the mattress.

Ever since last night I’ve been in this weird state of overdrive trying to block out everything that had scared me that day. The only problem is, once I turned off the emotion known as fear, the next one in line was a mixture of nerves, anxiety, and confusion caused by a certain alien-idiot, who just happens to be an extreme pervert as well.

“Adalia?! What’s wrong?! What’s going on?!”

“I think she's fine,” Leo laughed, which only made me scream louder.

“That’s not what fine sounds like! Open the door, Adalia! Open the door or I’ll break it down!”

“I’m fine!” I yelled, relaxing my body on the bed before rolling off it. “See, fine,” I nodded, unlocking the door and opening it to see a very distraught Noah. “And we both know you can’t break down this door,” I half smiled, placing my hand on his shoulder and attempting to walk past him before a pair of green eyes caught mine and a not so hypothetical lightning bolt struck me in the heart.

“Hey…,” his eyes caught on the battlefield of my bedroom, choking him up momentarily before he snapped back to me. “Wh-what happened to you?” Noah asked, grabbing both my hands and looking my not-so-fine body over.

“I was fighting a bear. More like a monster really,” I explained, bluntly holding my ground. “But like I said, I'm fine now,” I smiled.

“Adalia,” he whispered, leaning closer to me. “I know what a forced smile looks like, and even though the one you’re trying to pull off is a good one, it’s not good enough to fool someone who wore the exact same smile for years .”