(10) Only a Dream

Hellooooo, you wonderful people, you! Long time no see

I'm sorry for the super long delay on the chapter but it's getting close to exam time so I've been studying (to an avail may I add) for those. 

This chapter continues from Adalia's Point of View, just over two hours later from where she left off in chapter 8. I made sure to add in some Ledalia moments because they've been so highly requested! 

Please don't forget to:

VOTE/COMMENT/FAN, the buttons are on your right just waiting to be clicked! 

I hope you all enjoy♥ ♥ 

 ******************************************************************************************

It took me one hundred and fifty two minutes to die. I counted.

But, sometime after the fifty third minute, I woke up. Unfortunately, it wasn’t in my hospital bed and I didn’t come to the lovely realization that this entire thing was a dream. Instead, I came to the horrible realization of knowing I had just died, and by being brought back to life, I was indebted to someone far beyond my capabilities. And not just someone either, but Leo Bernette.

A scream came across the sky. My scream to be exact. I couldn’t focus on what was happening. All I knew was that Leo was carrying me, and Noah walked beside us, holding my murderer in his hands, making sure it didn't shift again.

Sometime after a long time, I stopped screaming, and instead stared silently past Leo’s eyes towards nothing. And not long after that, I couldn’t see that nothing anymore.

“Adalia!”

My eyes flashed open, but before I focused on the boys screaming my name, I focused on the pain. “Ta-” Thunder exploded in the sky cutting my plead short. But as the pain grew stronger, I needed it to end faster. “Take it out!”

Why does he have to look at me like that, with the eyes of a scared child? It's so unlike him.

“I can’t,” Leo whispered. “Not right now.” That scared me. Not his words, but the way he said them.

No one said anything else for a long time. That was until Noah did what he did best, he freaked out. “It’s okay, you’re going to be okay!” That was followed by a chain of “You’re looking good!” “I don’t think you’re bleeding anymore!” “I’m not lying!” Although, I obviously knew he was.   

“Stop closing your eyes!”

That was Leo, and until he said that I hadn’t realized they were closed. “Just look at me, okay! Adalia, keep your eyes open!” He seemed so panicked, so rushed. He really wasn't himself today.

Looking at him did this weird thing that made time pass by faster, it made me feel safe; which was incredibly stupid considering I was dying. I hadn’t even realized we were in a cave until he set me down.

“You’re freezing.”

Thank you, I know.

There was a fire already lit in here, but it was as close to death as I was.

“I’ll go get more wood,” Noah spoke again, what he said this time was just as stupid because to burn wood it needs to be dry, and it’s raining outside, which means the wood won’t be dry. But neither Leo or myself said so.  

“Adalia--”

“Please,” I whispered. “Just take it out.”

I could see the reflection of my blue eyes through his green ones, but I couldn’t tell which pair seemed to be in more pain. “Alright,” he said, moving closer. His face was only inches from mine and the warmth of his breath lit me up like a candle.