(3) Caves, Islands, and Cannibals

CHAPTER 3 GUYS!!

I think that this has to be my favorite chapter that I've written so far, why? Because the adventure starts now! 

I actually really want to say thank you to everyone who voted and added this to their reading list already! So, really, THANK YOU!

Don't forget to:

VOTE/COMMENT/FAN

PS. Don't worry, I promise when I say Cannibals, there will be absolutely no eating of humans in this chapter! That would just be disgusting.... 

Hope you enjoy♥ 

******************************************************************************************

“Where the hell am I?”

My eyes flashed open and instantly my heart sank. I scurried through the rough dirt, feeling sharp rocks dig into my skin as I struggled to my feet. 

What happened?

My head was completely empty and when I tried to remember I couldn't. It was like nothing ever happened, but obviously, something did.

The last thing I remember was what happened in the hospital room.

I closed my eyes for less then a second in the panic, there was no time for me to travel outside, so how? How was I here? When had I left?

I wasn't alone, I had Dawson, Isabella, and my Brother. But where were they now?

“Bradley?”

My voice echoed. Each time I listened to my voice calling for my Brother I could hear the desperation clearer and clearer.

“Dawson?”

“Isabella?”

As if all at once, realization set in. Fear, panic, concern, anxiety, that was everything rushing through me. If I was here, where were they? I took in a deep breath closing my eyes, willing myself to calm down. The first thing I need to figure out is, where I am.

Slowly, I let my eyes open, forcing them to take in their surroundings. It was dark, but a burning torch gave me enough light to see the hard rock floor showered in dirt. The walls were jagged, and when I touched them, cold. There wasn’t much room to move and the area wasn’t very wide. If I were of average height, I wouldn’t be able to stand.

A cave. I was in a cave.

Why am I in a cave?

I don’t know how it happened, or how I got here, but I had to get out. Escape was essential.

Spinning around I noticed something I hadn’t seen before. An exit. I could see the soft green grass, the shining sun blocked by towering trees –  I could see my escape. After taking four steps towards what I thought was the most comforting thing I had seen all day, I realized it was a mistake.

A shriek composed of absolute terror and panic rang out as the rock bottom underneath me collapsed, sending my flailing figure through the air. My arms desperately searched for something to grab onto, something to save myself with. But there was nothing.

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

Five.

Six.

Seven.