(11) What's Your Story

Ahahaha... Wow... Where have I been? 
Sorry♥ ♥   

I just wanted to give all of you a little update on my life because I feel like I owe an explanation. Lately, a lot has been happening in my personal life and I really haven't been the best me I can be. I needed to take some time off not only from writing, but from school, and friends as well! Thankfully I'm doing A LOT better now, and am able to continue doing what I love! However, after the recent event I don't have enough time to be writing as often. Therefore, the updates are going to be coming a lot slower... Thank you guys so much for all your messages, whether they be personal or even about the story I love reading them and they really do make my day! 

Please don't forget to:
VOTE/COMMENT/FAN the buttons are over there ~~~> I know you want to click 'em, don't be shy !!

Enjoy you beautiful human beings♥  

 ******************************************************************************************

I stared up into the sky, it was the same old sky there had always been, it was the same in this world and the same in the one I grew up in. There were some rainclouds that hadn’t been there a few minutes ago covering the stars that shined down upon us. It wasn’t raining, but they were still floating up there, grey and dismal.  

“Can’t sleep?” A soft voice blew around in the wind. "Yeah... Me neither."

“How come?” I asked, slowly rolling off my back. “You don’t look like someone who would have insomnia.”

“Everyone has problems they don’t want others knowing about,” Noah gave a sad smile as he sat next to me, gazing off towards the visible stars as if they were the only things in sight.

There’s something strange about Noah. He’s either doing something stupid, or he’s doing something that makes me sad.

I looked over my shoulder towards the cave were Leo’s back laid peacefully, dreaming of only god knows what.

“He’s gone through it too, I can tell.”

“Huh?” My head turned back towards Noah, who still didn’t look at me.

“Leo. Just like the both of us, he’s been hurt, and scared, and alone.”

“I doubt that,” I smiled, looking over at him. “And what about you, you always seem so happy.”

“I am happy,” he smiled, shifting his eyes towards me. “But the thing is, no matter how happy I become, the fact that I was once miserable won't change,” Noah said, looking away once again. “So what about you, what’s your story?”

“I don’t have a story..."

The sound of rustling leaves as the wind blew covered up the silence. I didn’t exactly want to explain my life story to him. Not because it’s him, just because it’s not something I really talk about.

“I killed my sister.”

My head snapped towards his, and I could see the pained expression of my eyes reflecting off his guilt filled ones.

“Not on purpose,” he whispered. “But it was my fault,” Noah shifted uncomfortably, and I could see his hands trembling, fumbling into fists. “When I was thirteen, I had a real drinking problem. My parents didn’t know about it, my sister, Adela, had only seen me drunk once, and it killed her.”

Adela...? He screamed out her name one time when I was in trouble, but I didn’t know that name was his sister’s.

“We were home alone one night, we were arguing, I don’t remember what I wanted her to do but she was trying to use the stove. The gas was on but she couldn’t get a flame, so she took a match, and tried to light it that way. It took two seconds for the entire kitchen to set on fire... That was all it took, seven years old, and I killed her,” he told me, his voice getting softer towards the end.