"Mr. ATLAS!"

"...Climbing out the back door, didn't leave a mark, no one knows it's you, Miss Jackson. Found another victim, but no one's gonna find Miss Jackson, Jackson, Jackson..."

I woke up to the sound of my alarm playing Miss Jackson by Panic! At The Disco. I turned it off and got out of bed. I went to go see what kind of hot mess I looked like today. Hmm. Not bad. My black, curly hair was kind of messy, but nothing a comb couldn't fix. 

I walked downstairs. The house was silent, as usual. Not much happened here anymore. I missed the usual rowdiness and utter disaster that took place in the kitchen.

*Flashback*

"Honey? Where's my favorite bowtie?" Dad inquired as he walked down the stairs to find Mom in a state of frenzy. 

"Where's my second honeymoon?" Mom snapped back.

"Amor..." Dad called tentatively.

"Sorry, It's been a morning." Mom sighed

"It's always a morning; that's how time works, mi amor."

Mom rolled her eyes. "If I tell you where your bowtie is, will you kindly fuck off?"

Dad looked to me and pointed at mom "Can you believe the fucking language on this woman? I mean, honestly." 

I laughed, but stopped immediately once I saw mom activated her Death Stare. My dad kept laughing, but looked away from me once I elbowed him in the ribs. He cleared his throat. Mom squinted and walked away to retrieve his favorite bowtie that was hanging off a lamp in the living room. She walked back over to Dad, not saying a word the entire time, and tied his bowtie for him. When she was finished, she caressed Dad's cheek, then promptly grabbed his face in her hand, smushing it so he looked like a fish. 

"Just because you make the money, does not mean you wear the pants. It'd do you good to remember that." She spoke sternly.

"Whipped." I whispered.

She shot me a look, and I began coughing.

"I-I'm gonna go make myself some breakfast now." I said meekly. 

I walked away, but looked back to see Mom let go of his face, straighten his tie, and kiss him on the cheek. He sighed as she walked upstairs to get ready. 

"That's why I love her." He spoke, then turned to me. "When you fall in love, fall in love with someone who challenges you, someone who isn't afraid to take your shit and throw it back in your face." 

"Justin!!" My mother called.

"Si, Arabella?" Dad replied. 

"Are you ready yet? I don't want to be late for practice." She yelled down.

"Yes, honey. I have your violin! I'll be waiting in the car." He replied.

He turned back to me. "Don't be late for school. I'll see you later, Aaron." He kissed my forehead and headed out the door.

Mom came down shortly after. She walked over to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Are you sure you're fine walking to school?" 

"Yes, mom." I rolled my eyes.

She smacked the top of my head and said, "Don't roll your eyes at me." 

"Ow! Well, sorry."

"Apology accepted. Now, don't be late! Your dad and I will pick you up after school. I love you, my little arrow!" She turned and headed out the door. 

"I love you too!" 

*End Flashback*

That was the last time I saw them. I knew something was wrong when they didn't pick me up from school that day. My thoughts were confirmed when I saw the police at my front doorstep. Tears filled my eyes as they explained that it was a hit and run. There were no survivors. I was put in a foster group home until I turned 18. By that time, I had learned my house was willed to me, and since it was paid off, I could freely live in there without having to worry about such a huge cost. My job at the Orchestra Hall, where my mother played, helped cover utility bills. Almost two years had passed since that day and today was the first day of senior year at a new school. Fun. 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"..Mr. ATLAS!" 

I looked up from my phone to meet her fiery gaze, and the looks of the other classmates.

"Yes, Mrs. Emerson?"

She sighed. "Take off those sunglasses immediately. They aren't allowed on school grounds." 

"I'm color-blind." I lied.

"No, you aren't. Now, take off the glasses."

"Look, Mrs. Emerson, the truth is that  I was born with a genetic mutation that made my irises colorless, and it's very distracting." 

Mrs. Emerson walked over to my desk and commanded, "Take the glasses off, or i'll call your parents." 

I looked at Mrs. Emerson with a bored look on my face. "What parents, Mrs. Emerson?"

"You must have parents, Mr. Atlas, an 18 year old boy can't just live by himself." She sputtered

I looked at her with disbelief. "Mrs. Emerson, I'm very sorry to have to be the one to tell you this, but both my parents died in a car crash two years ago. I've been living on my own for the past six months." 

Her and the classmates gasped and aww'd at my confession. She quickly regained control and commanded, once again, that I take my glasses off. 

Sighing, I did as she asked and revealed my eyes to her and the entire class. Some people screamed, some fainted, and some crowded around me to get a better look. 

"Are you happy now?" I looked at Mrs.Emerson. She nodded in understanding as I put my glasses back on. The classroom dispersed as the bell rang. Pretty soon, rumor spread and i was named, "Demon Boy." I actually kinda liked the nickname. The rest of my classes were the same, however. All my teachers asked to see my eyes out of curiosity. I mean, who could blame them? 

On the way home, I noticed there were a few guys following me. Not this shit again. I had to deal with bullies at my old school, and after having to deal with everyone pestering me about my eyes, today was not the day to try me. 

"What do you want from me, cuntbags?!" I yelled at them.

"COME HERE, LITTLE ORPHAN BOY, WE JUST WANT TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT THOSE STUPID WHITE EYES OF YOURS, ALBINO FREAK." the one in front yelled.

Although, as they neared me, I realized that my bark is definitely worse than my bite, so my ass turned tail and ran for the hills. I looked back to see them chasing me. I began to run faster and faster. I noticed the blur of buildings and homes around me. I looked back and they weren't even there anymore. I just kept running. 

I was running away from everything. I knew I shouldn't have gone back to school. It was too fast. I was still getting over the death of my parents. They never found who killed them and it drove me insane that they were never going to get justice, and the fact that I can't do anything about it angered me even more.

All of a sudden, I couldn't hear the pit-pat of my feet anymore. I looked down and I realized I wasn't even on the freaking ground anymore. I was fucking flying! I started going nuts and flailing my arms everywhere. I don't know how to fly!

Then everything went black.

I felt like I was falling...

and falling...

and falling.

--

*waddles away*