| 22 | I'll Go

Warning!! This chapter will be dealing with serious issues!!

~*~

After yesterday I didn't want to even come to school. I didn't want to face him because there's a good chance that I gave myself away yesterday. I don't want him to know. I know he doesn't feel the same way, so there's a good chance I scared him away for good.

I walk into school, and I can't seem to stop my shaking hands as I walk to my locker. He's not here this morning, but it doesn't take me a minute to find him with Emma on the other side of the hallway. She's talking to him with this big smile on her face, obviously excited to share something with him that makes her happy, but he looks so out of it. Like he's in deep thought, but then his eyes meet mine and the tension in the room is unbearable. So many things wanting to be said, but both of us look away.

I should've never ran out of class that day. None of this would've happened. I wouldn't be dealing with all of this drama. I wouldn't be hurting over a guy who doesn't love me back, and I wouldn't feel like this.

But it's too late. I've already met Tyler Smith, and as much as I want to not know this guy, I do, and I am so hopelessly in love with him.

He is everything to me, but I need to find a new everything.

~*~

I walk into my house and this time both my mom and dad are sitting in the kitchen. Both of them look at me and give me worried glances. Their faces don't look like they normally do. They don't look cheerful, they look sad. That alone makes me fear for what's next.

"Baby, why don't you come in and sit with us." says my dad, and I feel my heart start to race as I walk their way. I know that tone. He uses it every time something bad has happened. The last time he used this voice was in the 6th grade. He told me Grandma died. I cried for days after that. I never thought that pain would end.

"What's going on?" I ask them, and they both look at each other and take a deep breath. My mom shuts her eyes tight and rubs her forehead before she speaks. She does this when she's stressed out. Another sign that this isn't going to be good.

"I found these on your dresser." she says as she pulls out a small ziplock bag full of razors. I immediately feel my heart beat pounding in my throat. My entire body begins to feel weak when I have nothing to say. No way to respond. How do you even respond to something like this?

"Grace, let me see your wrists." says my father, and I watch as the tears brim in his eyes. This is exactly what I didn't want to happen. I didn't want anyone to be upset. The whole idea of the razors in the first place was to hurt me so I didn't lash out on anyone else. No one was supposed to even be the slightest bit affected by my actions. No one.

"No." I tell him as I get up from my chair feeling myself begin to come undone. All of my insides starting to lash out. My heart pounding in my chest.

"Grace." my mother says to me in a warning tone. I can't even believe this is happening. Everything feels like it's going too fast while I'm stuck in slow motion.   It's like I'm sinking under water. Deep into the very depths of the ocean when everything just gets eerily quiet.

"No! I said no! This is none of your business." I tell her, and I'm regretting my choice of tone, but I'm too out of it to even control my mouth right now.