Still Breathing

***Read the note at the end. Please<3 

              It was on a dreary night of November that I beheld the accomplishment of the sender’s toils. It seemed that my hero was psychic for when he came over that evening, he knew there had been a surprise for me.

                Grandma was downstairs watching the news. I sat in my bed, claiming to be sick. She wouldn’t disturb me if she thought I was sleeping. I could hear the television as the weatherman’s deep voice floated up the stairs. She had it turned up loudly if I could hear it.

                I sat cross-legged on my bed, the covers over top of my legs. On my lap, my fingers played with the fabric of the original mask while the 5 messages rested before me. The silence filled my thoughts as my fingers ran other the smooth mask. I stared off into the mirror opposite my bed in a blank trance.

                I didn’t know what to think anymore.

                I took in a shaky breath, rubbing my eyes with one hand. A cold draft entered the room as the window opened a crack.

                I turned my head over to examine it. Fingers poked out in the crevice between the sill and the window’s bottom.

                A darkened head poked up a few seconds later.

                Hesitantly, I climbed off the bed and made my way over to it. My eyes made contact with my masked hero’s.

                “Can I come in?” His voice was low and hushed.

                I nodded and helped him to push the window open more. Smoothly, he slipped in, stepping onto my floor with the utmost caution.

                I closed the window behind him to keep my room as warm as it could be.

                “Hi.” He said.

                I turned around, biting my lip. He stood in front of me, trapping my body between him and the window. His hands slipped around my waist, pulling my body against his as he met my lips with his own in a soft kiss.

                I cautiously moved a hand to cup the side of his face as his lips moved with mine in a slow dance.  His tongue traced the bottom of my lip, but there was no persistence to take the gentle kiss any farther.

                After a few seconds, I separated our mouths. “Hey.”
                He smiled. His hands were gentle on my hips. He made no move to hold me to him, but no move to let go. I had no intentions of leaving. His warm body felt amazing pressed against mine. In the few hours we had been separated, I realized that I missed the connection.

                “Are you ok?”

                I stared at him, not answering.

                Tyler moved his hand to brush back hair on my face, “You look tired. Didn’t you get enough sleep last night?” He smirked playfully.

                I grinned, “Someone’s snoring kept me up.”

                “You little brat.” He squeezed my ass, pulling me even closer to him. “I don’t snore, and you know it.”

                I tried to hold back a smile, “Maybe.”

                “Have you thought about us at all?” He asked, his thumbs running in circles over my bum. The action was distracting.