IT had also occured to me that Percy had called me beautiful by comparing me to Atalanta. I couldn't help but be flattered, he'd said I was as beautiful as his only love. But was she his only love? I cursed that voice. No, Percy wasn't in love with me.

Percy was staring at his feet. I never would've thought that I'd feel sorry for a pirate, let alone the one that kidnapped me.

"Why don't you go get some sleep." He said, getting to his feet. "We can keep training tomorrow."

I grabbed his outstretched hand and he pulled my to my feet. My foot caught in a crack and I stumbled forward, into Percy's chest. Percy looked down at me, out faces inches apart. His eyes were so brilliant in the light of the moon, and I thought he would kiss me again, but he whispered, "Have a good sleep Annabeth." Then he walked back down the stairs and into his cabin below.

I sighed and made my way to the bunks.

The Princess Andromeda sailed soundlessly in the night, making small ripples in the water as it's bulk disturbed the surface. I stood at the prow of the boat against the railing, above the figurehead. Strong arms were wrapped around, a head resting contently on my hair.

A soft breeze blew over the ship, carrying the familiar of the sea.

"I could get used to this," I whispered, and the man kissed my cheek. I rested my hands on his, leaning back into his muscular chest. I felt so safe in his arms, like nothing could touch me as long as I was wrapped in his embrace. This is what its like to love someone, I thought blissfully.

"I love you, Annabeth. I've never loved someone like this." The man whispered to me, and looked back into his face. His dazzling green eyes sparkled, the surface of the water reflecting in them. I rose onto my tip-toes and kissed him, and his lips twitching into a smile as he kissed me back.

"I love you too, Percy." I breathed when we pulled away.

Suddenly, there were footfalls behind us. "Well, isn't that touching." A voice cooed, but there was no mirth in his tone, only a cold bitterness, like the words made him sick. "I see you've stolen another woman from me, Perseus Jackson."

Percy tensed at the sound of his real name, and turned to face Luke, releasing me from his hold.

Luke was standing a few metres away, and he held a strange weapon, one that I'd never seen before. It was the length of a short-sword, and it looked sort of like a miniature cannon. "What's that?" I asked, Percy standing in front of me protectively.

Luke smiled. "It's expect that you'd know, Miss Annabeth. After all, you're mother invented it."

He held the weapon up and took aim. "This will be the last time you will breath, Perseus." He snarled, then the weapon fired. There was a loud BANG, and Percy staggered. A flower of red was starting to spread over his chest. He stared down and his red shirt, and then looked up at me one last time. I saw in his eyes, a sorrow that made me feel weak. They were dulling rapidly, and Percy took one more step back to steady himself, before his legs stopped supporting him.

"PERCY!" I cried as he toppled over the railing into the sea below.

I ran to the rails and peered down, my tears pouring into the water. Luke grabbed me from behind, taking me in his arms- it was more of a possessive grip than a comforting one- and started pulling me away. I screamed out Percy's name until my throat was raw and no more sound came from my mouth, and I cried till I had cried my eyes dry. I kicked and thrashed until Luke was swearing at me to stop being a bitch, and finally I came to terms with my lose.