Chapter veinte y siete

Start from the beginning

How dare she fucking let me take care of her and worship her one day and then go kiss another guy at the club the next day. I turn the photo around and read the same exact words that I already read over a hundred times:

For my love: I know you said, we shouldn't tell people and I'm respecting your decision. So, I'm wishing you the best of luck for the games. I love you and believe in you. - C.

Now, I don't know if they are really a couple or he just really likes her. But it's the fact that she is kissing that guy and he has his hands all over her, like I did a few nights ago, it's pissing me off.

I'm very well aware that she is not mine and I can't expect her to love me, but I expected her to respect me enough to tell me that. I let the picture of them fall to the ground and stand up from my bed.

"Dude, they are fucking with you. Don't let them get to you. E wouldn't do that. Go show her the pic." Jaiden tells me for the nth time today.
"So she can rub it in my face? I have the proof here. I'm just waiting for her to tell me." I tell him again.

"How does that make any sense, you dumb fuck? She wouldn't kiss that piece of shit anyways." He says and I ignore him insulting me and concentrate on the second part of his saying.

"What do you mean by piece of shit? Do you know that guy?" I ask and he frowns up at me.
"Of course I do. Do you live under a rock? That's Chase Westfield. The biggest player in Peterson high. The fuck would she be doing with him?" He asks. Chase Westfield...

"And why the fuck would that accidentally be on our door. Like exactly on our door. Come on, Hade. You're smarter than that." He says and I actually reconsider my opinion. It would make sense if that dickhead tried to break us apart before the games.

"I guess, I didn't think this through...But look at the date." I show him the picture. He stands up and shakes his head.
"I don't know man, could be fake. Also, why would she go clubbing on a school night?" He asks and I nod. This could be fake. Plus, I didn't hear her leaving that night. No night at all. But then again, I'm a tight sleeper.

"Man, I don't know." I say, letting myself plop down on the bed.
"Even if that wasn't fake. Even if, because that's definitely fake. Why would you be so mad at her. You guys aren't a couple. I mean you have it bad for her, but that wouldn't give you any right to be mad at her." He says and I glare at him, before realizing he's right. I don't have any right to be mad at her.

"I know. Whatever. Let's go to her cabin. I need to get this straight." I say. I listened to Jaiden before I went to her cabin. I'm such an idiot. When we practiced all I did was avoid her. It was hard, since we were alone, but I think she was mad at me herself, so she didn't try really hard to get me to talk to her.

"Dude, did you look at the clock? It's already passed midnight and the teachers have this system where they watch every single hallway." He tells me and I groan. Shit.

"I'll have to do it tomorrow then." I say and pull my shirt over my head. I would text her, but I think this needs to get done in person. Jaiden nods and turns off his bedtime lamp. I turn off my own after getting comfortable in the bed. I hope, we'll get things straight tomorrow.

><><><><

I wake up the next morning with a more motivated and positive feeling in my chest. I really hope this shit is fake. I place the picture in my jeans pocket and off we go towards the game area. As we are walking out of the house, I'm greeted by the fresh autumn air and the sun is just now starting to raise. Yes, it is like six in the morning.

"And don't forget. Don't yell at her." Jaiden tells me again. I nod, knowing I'll need that advice later on, when I confront her. The most important thing we have to do right now is find her and Zada, though. Because the games start in half an hour and it seems like every single senior of all three schools is on the area already.