09 ; A Sunrise & Nightfall Curse

Okay, how do I even begin this chapter? I would like to apologize for my absence

Okay, how do I even begin this chapter? I would like to apologize for my absence. I finally finished summer school, a whole month of no new chapters, and I'm so sorry for that. Well, since I'm going to be home basically 24/7, I will most definitely be updating much more frequently. Secondly, I hadn't expected 990 reads from you guys, which is spectacular. I never anticipated this amount of popularity. So, thank you so much for reading my story. Thirdly, as the month passed, I grew accustomed to re-reading my previous chapters, and I couldn't help but notice I was writing absolutely horrid. The first couple of chapters were completely unrealistic and I genuinely dread those who read my story and see that. 

So, should I delete this story and re-publish the edited chapters? It's entirely up to you guys. I might change the plot and a majority of those chapters, but only if my readers want me to. Although I want to re-write everything, I honestly don't want to lose all my reads on here. 

Please comment your opinions and suggestions. Thank you and please excuse my terrible writing, I started this chapter before my hiatus.

            Odessa scrutinized the manufactured hole in the ground attentively as she crouched to the floor, verifying her cream-shaded jeans weren't tainted with soil. She aimed the flashlight into the darkness and swiftly examined the crevices and roots that protruded from the soil. The sight of the cramped tunnel with the intense dimness was quite eerie, and Odessa was certain she wasn't climbing down there. "It looks like there's only room for one," Dean declares as he crouches under the 'Caution' tape and gathers some form of rope. "Wanna flip a coin?" Odessa furrows her eyebrows as she clicks her flashlight off, standing properly on her feet. 

            Odessa settled her hand on her waist as she shakes her head at Dean's immaturity. "You're going to go down there," She questions, quirking a brow as Dean merely nods his head. "Dean, some man just died going in there, and you're more than willing to go down?" Odessa folded her arms across her chest as Dean crouched under the tape and ignored her question, merely taking notice of the Guardian's apprehension. He taunted Sam into flipping the coin, to which Sam rapidly snatched it mid-air with pursed lips and declared his 'mission'. 

<<>>

           Huffing from her cheeks, Odessa scrunched her nose in distaste as Sam fiddled with the deceased beetle around his palm. Though she knew the insect was no longer alive, the sensation of the bugs minuscule limbs scratching at her skin was a disturbing thought. Tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear, Odessa lurched forward as she gazed at the beetle's body. "Sam, finding beetles in a hole in the ground isn't entirely shocking." She stated with grimace as Sam halted and sighed heavily.

            "There were no tunnels, no tracks, no evidence of any other kind of creature down there," Sam informed as he motioned his hands as he spoke. "You know, some beetles do eat meat. Now, it's usually dead meat, but-" Odessa grimaced as she reclined her back against the cushion, rubbing her temples reassuringly. That's definitely consoling, Odessa thought inwardly, I could've lived my whole life not knowing that.