Ch. 26- Time Bomb

Start from the beginning

“We have eggs at my place…” Eliza uttered the most wonderful words I could have imagined right then. Apart from ‘Do you want some chocolate?’ So I reached into my secret cupboard and grabbed some chocolate and gave a bar of it to Eliza.

We walked happily to her castle. We, mostly I, talked about everything and nothing while we ate our chocolate. When we reached Eliza’s castle, I walked up and knocked on the door. Eliza shoved past me and opened it. I was now standing face to face with Benjamin. I smiled and waved at him, he took a hold of Eliza’s arm and pulled her inside.

Eliza’s POV:

“So?” Benjamin asked me expectantly. I just looked at him blankly, I had no idea what he was talking about. “How did it go?”

“What do you mean?” I asked him cautiously.

“With Xander. How did it go with Xander?” He asked, looking rather unlike the most respected and dangerous vampire in the world, but more like an exited dog waiting for praise from his master. I couldn’t help but smile at him.

“It went very well. We’re a couple now, aren’t we Rosebud?” Xander said from the now open door. I smiled back at him as Benjamin shouted something along the lines of ‘Hah! I knew it, you two kids are so alike I knew it! Ahahahaha! I won the bet!’

“What bet?” I asked him suspiciously.

“The one with-“

“EGGS!” Xander interrupted as he opened the fridge and found eggs, to his great excitement. We went into the kitchen and started to make brownies. Xander managed to spill all the coco powder and get the entire kitchen dirty. We put the cake in the oven and started to clean up in silence.

“Watcha’ thinkin’ ‘bout?” Xander asked me nonchalantly. I looked at him.

“What are the most common vampire myths?” I asked back.

“Stake through the heart?” He suggested.

“False. Well, it creates a massive blood loss, but it doesn’t kill us. The only way to kill us is to sever our heads from our body and burn us. At least she got that right…”

“Who?”

“Stephanie Meyer.” I said with a slight dislike.

“Don’t worry. The less people know about you, the better. If they think you die from a stake through the heart, then good for you, they can’t kill you.” Xander tried to reason with me.

“Yeah, but if authors and filmmakers are going to make us into monsters, then they should have the decency to make us into cool monsters. Not some bloodsucking atheist that can’t go out into the sun.”

“Did you just call your entire clan a bunch bloodsucking atheists that can’t go out into the sun?” Xander said incredulously.  I rolled my eyes at him and sighed at the fact that that was all he had taken away from my complaint.

“But don’t you think it’s stupid. Make the ultimate monster, and then it turns out that, no on second thought, they’re lame. It’s downgrading!” I complained loudly.

“Oh, come on! Laugh at the stupidity of humans, don’t complain about the way their childish minds see you.” Xander tried to persuade me, it didn’t work.

“But don’t you think some of the things they say about us are just plain stupid?” I asked, still trying to convince him.

“Well, the whole burn in the sun, or sparkle, thing is pretty stupid. I mean, you may not be alive, but if you put a corpse in the sunlight, it doesn’t shrivel up and burn to cinders. And it won’t exactly sparkle either.”