Your lie in April

*First person*

I know Dan has helped me deal with my mother's passing but I can't shake this feeling...

The feeling that something is wrong.

I do understand that I've caused him pain and suffering but something still feels off.

Dan's been acting weird, he's been angry and very introverted.

I can't say anything bad about wanting to be alone, that's usually all I want. But it's not like Dan. He may be shy but he never wants to be without Phil and recently that's all he wants!

Recently Dan keeps yelling at Phil, I've been staying in my apartment to avoid Dan's bad temper. Phil has come with me too. I wonder if Dan's still jealous.

Phil and I have nothing going on between us at all. He's my bestfriend, that's all.

We talk, we text, we spend time together, we go out together, we skype and much to the horror of Daniel we hug. He hates it when I talk to Phil, we know that, but he seemed to be accepting our friendship.

Dan isn't being honest, he's hiding something. He's lying to us.

I've called Chris and Pj to ask them to see Dan.

My YouTube channel is crazy, 2 million subscribers! My play button is hanging above my mantle piece. Zoe, Louise and Darcy are meeting Phil and I for lunch later. We're going to talk about Dan, what we think is going on.

To be honest, I don't know him anymore.

It's April, first.

Phil keeps bursting into tears, I don't blame him. We've lost Dan again, we need to know how to get him back.

What has he done that he's so ashamed of that he can't tell us about. He's known Phil for seven years, why doesn't he trust him?

He has known of me for six years, because of YouTube. I know he's only personally known me for five months. But he knows a lot about me because of my videos. It's the same for me, I've known of his videos for seven years.

(11am)

*narrator*

You call for Phil and leave the apartment. You hear Dan filming, he sounds sad. You walk faster, you and Phil are holding hands and jogging away.

You reach the restaurant and see your friends. You run up behind them and hug Zoe and Louise at the same time. You cry, as usual you cry.

Phil holds Darcy and cries too. Darcy looks around and frowns, "where danel phiw?" She says innocently.

Phil cries a more, he holds her closer.

"He's just... Tired so he stayed home." He said.

You sit in between Zoe and Louise, you all order and chat.

"I don't know what's come over Dan, he's not 'dan' anymore. Has changed." You say quietly.

"What has he done?" Zoe asked.

"he's never been like this, ever." Phil pitched in.

You swirl your straw around and stare at the table.

"He's hiding something from us," you mumble, "he's not a good liar, I know that."

"What could he have to hide? He's an honest man Y/N, not to be rude or anything but I don't think he would lie to us." Louise said.

"I know but something feels off, he's snappy and looks so pale and lifeless. Like he's ill, but he's been like this for all of march. He looks guilty but I'm not sure what of." You say.

A thought crosses your mind, you eliminate all suspicions quickly.

Zoe looks at you with narrow eyes, "What are you thinking Y/N?"

"I'm not sure."

"I think I need to talk to Dan, I need answers."