Reunited

One month after the kiss you call Zoe.

You decide to meet up at the old coffee shop, you haven't been there since December it's now February. Phil is 29 now you send a birthday tweet and a card with 90 pounds. What else can you do.

You're still grey and depressed. But you can paint on a smile and pretend to be strong.

You dress yourself and leave quickly and early to avoid seeing Dan and Phil.

You practically run to the coffee shop. You're fifteen minutes early but you just sit there reading Dan's text from January.

'i don't believe you.'

Finally a flustered Zoe enters and pulls you into a colossal hug.

"I've missed you Y/N!" She said enthusiastically.

You say the same to her and rub her back to show your sincerity and happiness.

You both order and began to tell the story; the kiss, the running, the taxi driver, the texts, the fights and the depression.

You break down into tears. She sits next to you and cuddles you.

"You need to talk to him." She says softly rubbing your shoulder gently.

You nod, "I want to, I don't know if I can." You whine.

"I know you can, don't let anxiety take over your life. It happens quickly and it's hard to fix." She protests, "Have faith in yourself Y/N!"

You smile and hug her back.

"Thank you Zoe."

The two of you walk out arms linked into the streets of London. People looked so happy and cheerful. I'd missed new years and Phil's birthday. You were selfish, you let a stupid breakup control your life.

You wander through parks and streets just talking. It was nice, you felt normal.

Walking through the grass you hear a familiar voice.

"Y/N" he whispered.

You try to speed up your pace.

He rests his hand on your shoulder to stop you.

Zoe let's go of your arm and gasps.

He smiles at her and she nods.

"Bye Y/N, text me later." She winks.

You look up at him his face is purple and bruised. His hand is cold and grey.

His breath is shaky and his heartbeat is unsteady. His shoulder is touching mine.

His hand slides down to just above your elbow.

His grip on your upper arm tightens and he drags you away.

People stare in confusion.

Your mind is racing.

You arrive at an alleyway and he lets go of you.

You look up at his hazel eyes and your heart melts. It quickly freezes when you snap back to reality.

He walks towards you, you back up.

You finger tips make contact with the cold stone wall behind you.

His tall frame casts shadows upon your face. The sun is setting, the warm glow gives the setting a certain ambience that compliments the murky ally way well.

He looks down on you with a sad expression.

You look at the ground as if hiding.

You want the ground to swallow you up.

"I know you can" does words fill you with courage.

You look up swiftly.

Dan's mouth opens to say something but it closes swiftly.

You feel a tear fall, you don't care anymore.

If he wants to rant, he can. You deserve it.

"Sorry." You whisper.

His mouth drops.

"Y/N NO! It's not you, Phil knew what he was doing!" He said shocked, "I'm not angry at you, why did you take the blame?"

You shrugged, "I wanted you two to stay friends, I'd been in your life for a month and I didn't want to just come in and ruin your friendship like a fucking predator. I couldn't live with myself. I got the idea that if I left you two could work it out."

"It would have gotten worse. We are already beating the crap out of each other, who knows what would happen if you weren't there." He replied.

"Besides if you went back home I would follow you knowing who you'd be with, if you got hurt again I wouldn't be able to move on. I would feel eternally guilty." He continued.

You shed another tear and smiled.

"Come here." He whispered. He opened his arms for a hug.

Instead you leaned in and kissed him passionately.

He kissed you back and the two of you moulded together like matching jigsaw pieces.

You pull away smiling.

"I've missed you Dan." You say.

"Not as much as I've missed you." He said.

"I'm so sorry for ignoring you. I couldn't bring myself to face anyone." You pleaded.

"Y/N, it's fine, just don't leave me again! I can't cope without you!" He smiled.

You nod and he takes your hand.

You have known Daniel James Howell for three months and never before have you felt quite this happy...