Wake me up

I knew nothing of true pain until I lost my farther. He was kind and caring. I never felt that when I left home. When I left Dan I felt it...

I have never in my life loved any feeling as much as the feeling I get when I see his face, when he smiles, when he kisses me.

I want to be there with him when he grows old. When he lives out his life, I want to be in it.

I know by now he must have reached the end of his patience, I've ignored him day after day. How can he put up with my self centred life.

*Dan's POV*

I saw her video, I saw her frown, I saw her tears.

'bye Dan...'

It's not goodbye Y/N. I promise.

Phil burst through the door.

"it's Zoe she needs to talk to you, NOW!" He said panicked.

I rushed through the door and saw Zoe, pale faced. I looked at her hands, blood.

Phil went back to his room and cried.

She gestured to Y/N's door. I barge past her and yell for Y/N.

It's silent.

I run to the bathroom and see her lifeless body curled up in a ball. Blood everywhere. I gasped and picked her up. I cradled her in my arms slowly.

"Please, please, please..." I whispered quietly.

Zoe ran in after me. "I've called an ambulance. Dan, if..." She began.

"No, you've done enough, thank you Zoe. How are you coping with this? Seriously, go home to Alfie. Take it easy."

She nodded and left.

The paramedic came and took her from me. I was jealous. What an idiot. I sat beside her on the way to hospital.

"please be ok, please be ok, please be ok." I said over and over.

People tried to get me to sign things and comfort me. It was all to much.

"I can't loose her" I kept telling them.

Phil tried to call me, i ignored it.

Phil and i still don't really get on, it's better than before though. Maybe Y/N was right.

I stoked her cheek. The sirens deafened me.

I was covered in blood. The nurses offered clean clothes but i declined.

We hold each other in the ambulance.

It's cold. I'm cold. She's cold.

Her heart rate slows down i hold my breath.

"Please.."

They resuscitated her a few times.

Her hand fell. I caught it and encased it I'm my mine. So small, so cold and feeble.

I feel like a actor in a play. It seems so fake and artificial to me. I somehow managed to keep my sanity and make it to the hospital.

The paramedics rush her into the special care unit. I follow her bed around like a dog.

I sat outside for what seemed like decades but was only hours. They stabilised her.

I ran through the wards and pushes the door open. I stood at her bedside and touched her lips with mine.

She looked so helpless, so weak and pale.

I took her hand and squeezed it gently.

"I'm going to hold you, when you wake up." I whisper.

I kiss her hand and rubbed it softly.

"I promise i won't leave your side until you tell me. If you wake up and ask me to leave i will. If you want to slap me when you wake up you can. But until then, I'll be right here If that's alright with you. It must be quiet in there. Alone with your thoughts. I wonder if you can hear me. Please wake up." I whisper, begging.

*narrator*

"Dan, I need you here."

"wake me up..."