My Sister

Lizzie had been calling me nonstop since 5 am.  It is currently 6:30 am and I have given up on sleep.  As I walked towards the restroom, my phone rang again.

"ARGH.  LIZZIE.  SHUT UP!"  I didn't hold a grudge against my sister anymore, now that Jake has chosen me.  After yesterday when shit blew up, he told me that he loved me.  It made me cry of happiness that he chose me.

The phone rang again and I realized that I didn't actually pick it up yet.  Groggily, I waddled towards the sound of Eminem (my ringtone).  But before I reached it, I had to fall.  Of course.  Right on my face too.  What a nice start to this day.

"What?"  My eyes opened a little bit while picking up the phone.

"HEY SIS!"  Lizzie sounded awfully happy for someone who was just dumped.  But I was glad that she didn't take it the wrong way and declare us mortal enemies.

"Oh.  Hey Lizzie!  What's up?"  My face brightened at the thought that we were cool.  But her next words literally killed me.

"Did you get the notice?  About the wedding?"  Now at this point, I was pretty sure that she was going to me that it was cancelled.  And the she said, "It's tomorrow.  We moved it up because Jake told me that no mate bond can ever interfere with his love for me.  Isn't that sweet?  Also, I wanted to call you because I fee bad that he chose me.  He told me that he loved me last night!  In bed!  And boy he's a beast in bed.  I mean, wow!  Seriously.  Hello?  U there, sis?

My phone had fallen to the floor but I distinctly heard every word she said.  I let the tears fall freely.  MY mate didn't want me.  He wants my sister!  My heart shattered at every new word that she uttered.  It's hard to lose your soulmate, your other half.

I was always that one hopeless romantic.  Even in school.  When girls were throwing away their virginities, I was always an inexperienced virgin that everyone overlooked.  But I was just saving myself for my mate.  Now I know that he didn't even want me.  And he was marrying my sister tomorrow.  Fine.  I love him enough to let him go.  To let him be happy.

But then my wolf came out.  She was hurting so much.  Too much.  I was not strong enough to fight her emotionally and she came out and gained controlled.  And she screamed so that the walls quivered and our body shook until we were completely on the floor.  And through her scream, tears poured out like the rain finally had a chance to stop a drought.  And through those tears, as my entire body shook with a huge variety of emotions, as my hands clawed into my self. . . my heart broke.