The Phone Call

Hey Guys!  I'm so excited to start this new story and I hope you guys are just like me!  Please also check out my other book, "Something Called Love" (it is not supernatural like this one).  But for now, without further ado, Chapter One - The Phone Call . . .

"What?!  You're getting married!  Oh my gosh!   Lizzie that's great!"  I was currently spinning around on my rotating chair in front of my desktop with a phone lodged between my shoulder and my ear (my hands were busy typing a reply to my agent - life in the human world is so difficult!).

"I know right?!  I am so in love!  Plus it gives me a chance to make you come back home!"  I sighed.  I knew this would happen, but I left our pack for a reason.  Everyone needs an opportunity to leave the nest.  I found mine at age nineteen (two years ago).  While walking in the park, a modeling agent discovered me and - apparently - I was perfect for a new role in an advertisement promoting sports bras.  Although my parents were not that happy about my new career, I pursued it anyways.   They had come to accept it and for that I am eternally grateful.

"Look, Liz tell me the date and I will try to make it."  My schedule was very loaded but I had to make time for my big sister's wedding.  It was the right thing to do; she had already gotten me a maid of honor dress, anyways.

"Okay.  It's in about half a month, but I would like you to get here by tomorrow just to settle in.  Next Saturday is my engagement party and Sunday night is my bachelorette party.  You have to be there!"  I had an appointment tomorrow, but the excitement in her voice literally forced me to go.

I heaved a sigh.  "Fine.  Fine, I'll go.  Do you still have that extra house next to the ice cream shop?"

My answer was cut short with a shriek from my sister.  "Yes!  Yes, we do!  Oh Taylor, it is going to be the best time of your lives.  I know for sure that you will love my fiance, Jake Travis."

For some odd reason, I felt a chill go up my spine when she said his name.  I dismissed it as I had other things on my mind.  Such as the wrath of my agent, Luke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word finally reached Luke a few hours later.  I was just packing up the lingerie I was supposed to model tomorrow when a furious Luke stormed in.

"Why am I hearing that you are leaving tomorrow?  And at 2 am?!  Are you out of your mind?!"

After ten minutes of reassuring him that I had already rearranged my photo shoots and what not he finally agreed to let me go.  With a catch.  I needed bring him back something, though.

"Alright, well I gotta go.  Bye, I love you Luke!"  I shot him my best smiles and a kiss on the cheek before walking through the doorway.

"Yeah, love you too,"  I heard him mumble as I walked down the hall.  Now I know that we sounded unprofessional and more intimate than we should, but we really didn't think that of each other.  We were just really close.  I was still saving my self for my mate.  He would be my first everything and I hoped that I would be the same to him.  But no matter what, I will love him with all my heart and soul.