5. Because I Said So

Magsimula sa umpisa

Which meant never again. As much as my body protested against it, I couldn't let any of what happened today happen again. Max had too much control over me already. And as tempting as the thrill of figuring out what made my boss 'tick' and the secrets held behind those hypnotic eyes was; I just couldn't risk it.

He would probably break me in the worst way possible. And our two different worlds just wouldn't allow it.

With that thought in mind, I take several calming breaths until the heat searing through my body started calming down. After washing up and cleaning myself off, I feel much more in control.

Straightening my clothes out, my eyes travel to the girl in the mirror.

I just couldn't risk it. Not if I wanted to get out of this with my sanity still in place. And all my panties not ending up shredded and coated with my cream on his carpet. My eyes widen with alarm at that thought as another invaded my brain.

Sh¡t! My panties were still in his office! No, no, no! I had to go get those.

I turn to leave just as the light click of heels came from behind the bathroom doors. The doors opened to reveal a middle aged woman with long dirty blonde hair and dark brown eyes. She had on a creme dress suit that clashed badly with her light hair and pale skin almost making her appear like an office ghost. My eyes widen as I gulp in recognition. She was the same person that had interviewed me several weeks ago for this position.

"Your late." Was the first words that came from her thin slightly crooked lips as she glared at me, arms crossed.

"Magda, I-"

"Will not let this happen again. You are almost half an hour late Desiree. I hope this is not going to be a norm for you" she said turning around and proceeding out the door. I gulp grabbing my purse and rushing after the fast paced woman. I was suppose to meet her earlier so she could give me a mini tour through my daily routine.

Struggling to keep up with her long strides, I catch up with her as she goes on talking about requirements for this job and how my tardiness was unacceptable. We go through compartments of people working busily on computers and pass others who were going somewhere with documents.

She went through the usual introductions and showed a tour of the floor and other floors I might have to go to for my job. Also handing me various packets of documents and information along the way. Before I knew it, it had been an hour and I had a stack of papers and files, piled up in my hands.

Magda started leading me back towards the main elevator still talking about the many facility updates and staff meetings and what not. Dread slowly started to sip in as I realized the lady could talk for hours. She was clearly well informed about this facility and anyone could see the passion she held for her job, despite the cold vibes she exerted over any and everyone.

"Mr. Knight is currently in a meeting. As his secretary you will be expected to be with him during such occasions."she instructed as we stopped in front of my cubicle which was slightly down the hall to the right of his office.

"I have to attend to other matters at the moment. All possible questions about your position will be answered in the manual" She instructed as I try to create room on my desk among the documents that were already there for the stack of papers she had given me.

My purse falls in the process and in my haste to retrieve it, a file of documents crash onto the floor aswell. I rush to pick them up just as her hand beats me to it. Looking up at her, she hands it down to me with a thin, stern look on.

"Welcome to Maxwell Inc." she says before turning out and down the hall.

Holy crap, my brain is swimming with information. I pull myself up and slump into the desk chair, starring at the stack of documents I'd been assigned to evaluate. Some were due today, others tomorrow. But all by the end of the week.

You wanted a job right Desiree? Well congratulations, you got it.

Time to have some fun! Note the sarcasm.

The rest of the day consisted of me reading and typing and printing and answering calls and rushing to the printing room and paper jams and oh goodness. By the time four o'clock rolled around, I was about ready to bolt out of there and never return. I ended up staying for another two hours to finish up the stack I'd pulled out earlier as my goal for the day.

The only thing that was on my side today was the fact I hadn't ran into the man I was working for all day. I'd caught glimpse of him here and there but always turned bright red and pivoted the opposite direction. Each time, his eyes would narrow, and beacon forward but I'd always still rush another way. The entire charade was ridiculous and doomed to fail eventually. I can't avoid him forever.

    Then I caught a glimpse of him leaving around two o'clock with a business associate I assume. Whatever the case, I was just happy I had successfully avoided any contact with him all day.

Six o'clock rolled by and the words on the paper started to blur together. I groan from exhaustion,slouching back in my seat and rubbing my tired eyes. Time to head home, I could barely function anymore.

Grabbing some contracts to review at home, I head for the elevator. It took two minutes of standing in the parking lot to realize I didn't come with my car.

Ugh. Perfect ending to the day. I hate taking cabs. Cause I can never depend on their efficiency. Then again this was New York. Rush hour was anytime between twelve midnight to 11:59 pm.

I'm rummaging through my purse, trying to find my phone to call a cab when a shiny black sports car shrieked out of nowhere in particular and stopped inches from me.

I freeze looking up at my startled reflection in the tinted windows of the car. The door pops open and the first thing I hear is a familiar deep male voice.

"Get in" he said his eyes turning to meet mine.

*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°

Holla peoples.

Cliffhanger there, hehehe.

I know my updating schedule might be slightly frustrating for some but I do try to update within a week of my previous update so please be patient with me. =) thank you.

Naughty Rosie ouuuuuuttt!!!!!