Chapter 30

It had been several days since I had spoken to my brother, but I tried not to think of this as I prepared myself for the upcoming game. I had lost the will to go but remembering the words of the Headmaster I dragged my feet through the halls. Around my neck was the infamous Slytherin silver and green scarf, a jumper I had stolen from Astoria; my hair was tied up in a ponytail, tendrils hanging on either side of my face. I felt like I looked particularly appropriate for the occasion.

"I sure hope this works." I said to myself before making the climb up into the towers that surrounded the field. My plan was foolish to say the least, and I knew that going in but with such short notice I would have to make it work.

"Ally!" Astoria called for me, she had managed to get seats in the uppermost portion of the tower, which suited me fine, the last thing I wanted on me was an suspicious eyes. I plastered on my best excuse for a smile and took my seat beside her. My brother was seated a few rows below us.

"Hey." I breathed, settling into the seat. "So how long do these things normally last?" I asked.

"A few hours, depending on if we can keep our defense up." she answered, she didn't sound too confident. "You never did tell me your plan." she reminded me, I had forgotten I had told her I'd tell her later.

"It's probably better if you don't know." I remarked truthfully.

"Please tell me it doesn't involve you flashing the players." She was joking but I mentally took stock if that could work before dismissing the idea.

"Nah, I'm not well equipped for that." I said looking out at the field, I could have sworn I saw her shake her head out of the side of my eye.

"Shut up." she laughed.

"So lets get this started." I said rubbing my hands together. My wand was tucked safely into my sock buried beneath my pants, but a spare wand — one I had lifted from a careless second year— was tucked into my belt loop and I had spent a fair amount of time brushing up on the magic I would need to pull this off. So much time, in fact, that I must have looked suspicious to anyone who knew me or of my laziness when it came to actually learning spells.

"You are looking positively ominous." She claimed cautiously.

"Don't you worry a bit, I got this." I answered, mentally calculating the field in front of me.

It wasn't until about ten more minutes before the players were able to be seen, tiny flecks on the grassy plain. I frowned, not counting on my poor eyesight. I squinted as the two teams mounted their brooms and sprung into the sky. Divided up into two sides green and red faced each other.

Got him.

With eyes on my target, I did my best to block out the rest of the thundering of the crowd and trailed the red cape billowing behind my target. I would have to wait before taking any action.

"Earth to Ally." Astoria said, waving her hand in front of my face. Dammit. I turned my head, keeping my eyes on the players trying to track him down again.

"Yeah?"

"Are you alright? It's just a game, you're watching it like your stalking someone." She followed my gaze and stopped in her thought.

"You're joking."

"About what."

"Do you..."She stared, paused, and then continued. "Are you staring at Harry Potter?" She asked incredulously, keeping her voice low enough in the crowd that people on either side couldn't hear.