Chapter 14

I awoke with the worst headache imaginable. Thinking hurt. Breathing hurt. I groaned lightly but it still sounded like a pack of angry rhinos running through my brain.

                “Are you incapable of common sense, Miss Malfoy? Get Up. You have classes.” his usually soothing voice felt like a hammer in my head.

“Please stop talking so loud.” I whimpered, squeezing my eyes closed and burying my head into the mattress below me.  I felt the bed shift to one side as he sat down. He let out a sharp breath.

“Is it so unreasonable for you not to get in trouble?” he asked, barely above a whisper. I peeked out of one eye at the man looking down at me and groaned. “Can we not do this now.” I pleaded. I could tell he was smirking. “Why ever not? I see no issue with settling this while you are compliant.” He remarked sardonically. 

                “Can you tell me what happened?” I asked , half rolling so I was facing him. The room, wherever it was, was kept dark.

                “I could.”

“Will you?” I asked, annoyed by everything at this point.

                “You snuck out of the castle, again, and consumed an abundance of alcohol, leading to your almost… assault by a young Durmstrang student.” His voice was clipped. I closed my eyes again, my eyelids heavy.

                “What about that green light?” I asked, the only thing I actually remembered from the previous night. He didn’t answer which lead to a dropping in my empty stomach.

“Whether you want to or not, it would be in your best interest to eat something.” He said offering a plate of toast.

                “Where are we?” I tried again, sitting up slowly, feeling blood rush to my head.

                “It is of little importance, but if you must know in my private chambers. Your brother is in his dorm, as are his friends.” he added, assuming I was going to ask. I nodded thoughtfully, picking up the piece of toast.

“Why couldn’t I go to my dorm?” I asked biting the crispy bread. I tried not to think about the consequences of eating, ignoring the chewing that rang in my ears.

                “You’re situation was a bit more complicated, due to your eye and such. Tell me, do you ever think about something before you go out and do it?” I winced slightly as his voice returned to normal. My head was pounding.

“Sometimes, but it was my brother who came and got me.” I replied innocently.

                “Am I to believe your brother forced you in to going? might I add taking personal responsibility would do wonders for you.”

“No, he didn’t force me.” I replied sharply. Feeling more grouchy than usual. I looked about the room and noticed it was the same room I awoke in after I passed out in detention.

                “Why do you keep trying to get me in your bed?” I asked, a mischievous smirk in place. If he wanted to be mean I could play too. He pursed his lips and rose from the bed, standing too stiffly.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about Miss Malfoy. That is a very serious accusation, one that you should not construe, nor spew to anyone.” He replied glaring down at my form.

                “I was joking, don’t be stupid.” I retorted  putting the toast on the plate and the plate beside me. “Now, if you excuse me I need to see my brother.” I attempted to stand but as soon as my feet touched the floor my knees buckled and sent me falling into the Professor’s chest.