Chapter 18: In Your Dreams

Start from the beginning

We found the perfect spot to secure our lock. It was in the middle of the bridge next to a bright yellow heart shaped lock. I held the lock in my hand to read the text. I couldn't read it. The names have rusted off over the years.

"So where is this lock that we are going to add to the bridge?"

James dug into his inside black coat pocket and took out a red copper color heart shaped lock with a skeleton key to match. He was serious about this lock.

"Are you serious?" I asked and I held on the bridge.

"Look at it." He handed me the lock. I turn it over and it has engraved Alice and James on the top and Arranged Marriage on the bottom with the wedding date. My heart burst.

"This is nice. When did you have time to do this? We weren't on the best terms throught this trip." I let out a laugh.

"I know people. I eventually had to do the right thing between us." He awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. "I didn't want to leave Paris on a sour note." He took the key lock and unlocked it. He handed it to me and hooked it in place.

"There we have a part of us in Paris." He smoothly warped an arm around my shoulder and kissed the top of my head. I leaned my head on his chest. He handed me the key. "Throw out the key out to the river." I did as told and threw it to the river. "Ready to go?" He let go of me.

"No, but I had a good time here." He took my hand and we walked back together to the car. We passed the Eiffel Tower for one last time and burned it in my memory forever.

One day I will be back.

Home sweet home. I felt so jet lagged with the time difference. Why is it when flying in an airplane drains all the energy out of a person. The day has just started while in Paris it would have just ended. The taxi dropped off at our home. When I waited for James to take out suitcases to the door I received a text from grandma marylin. In her text message it said that our parents think that we will come back in two more days giving us some days to relax before they bombard us with what our honeymoon was like. I put on my phone jean pocket while I waited for James. He was digging for the house keys.

"Mrs. Jamerson."

He opened the door for me.

"Mr.Jamerson," I smiled.

I walked into the living room and kitchen when I halted in my tracks. James was right behind me when his chest crashed to my back.

"What the?" He looked up and saw why I stopped. The living room and kitchen were full of wedding presents and my presents from the bridal shower. We halted in our tracks. That's a lot of unwrap.

"Whoa. Well look at this." James said as he moved a gift to the side and sat on the sofa.

"This is a lot of presents." I walked over sitting on the opposite side of the sofa, peaking through the wrapping paper. "Are you up to this?"