Vivian made sure she sat in the seat directly behind Sarah, knowing the other teenager didn't want to see her. Maggie sat restlessly beside her. Before sitting down, Vivian leaned on the bench before her and removed Sarah's earphone from one of her ear. Sarah looked up startled.

"We are going to need to speak to each other during this trip" Vivian said quietly. Sarah sighed.

"I know" she said. She turned around again and placed her earphone back into her ear. She was not much of a music person, but being surrounded by almost two dozen of nine years old made her cranky. Sarah really was not a fan of children.

As anticipated, the ride was to Montreal was not going smoothly at all. The kids were loud and excited. There was one little boy who simply wouldn't listen to the teacher and was running up and down the bus with his friends cheering him on. Even as Sarah had her music at the loudest and her eyes closed, she could still hear the screaming boy and it was getting beyond her nerves.

'You win Leanne' Sarah thought to her self, with gritted teeth. 'I will no longer get myself in trouble. Please let this nightmare end. I will be good from now on'

After ten minutes, Sarah couldn't take it any longer. She ripped her earphones out of her ears and stood up with one knee on the bench.

"Hey, kid" she yelled at the top of her lungs and over everyone else's voices. Slowly, everybody in the bus stopped making noises and stared at her. Behind her, Vivian was withholding a smile, knowing what to expect next. "Yes, you. Sit down"

"I don't want to" the boy replied smugly.

"Sit down or I will make you" Sarah threatened. She was deadly serious.

"Do you know who I am?" the boy spoke with flared nostrils and a pumped chest.

"Don't know, don't care" Sarah snapped "Do you know who I am, boy?"

"no" he replied with a frown.

"Exactly" Sarah looked directly in his eyes and the boy flinched. "Let's be clear about something. You will sit down and you will shut up for the rest of the ride, want to know why?" she continued without letting him time to speak "See, I have this friend. He's a cop and what you are doing right now is illegal. All I need to do is call him and he will give you a fine so big that you will be forced to work for your rich daddy to pay him back. You can kiss your future dreams goodbye"

"My dad will pay" the boy said with a quivering lip. He had lost all confidence.

"That's enough Sarah" Ryan the teacher said but she ignored him. "Don't listen to her Logan"

"Are you so sure? Maybe he'll be so ashamed that his ten years old kid got arrested" Sarah continued "So, sit your ass back on your bench and stop screaming. Oh for fuck sake"

Sarah grumbled unhappily as the boy,Logan, began to wail. Others around him started crying along with him and within a few seconds, cries louder than screams rang through the bus.

"For God's sake Sarah. That's not how you talk to children" Ryan said as he got up to meet the boy who, at least, was sitting down again.

"I hate kids" Sarah growled to herself as she sat back down and faced the window. Vivian rolled her eyes and was silently chuckling at the sight of the catastrophe Sarah left. Luckily social services weren't around to witness the encounter because Sarah would have gotten in trouble for speaking to a child that way.

Luckily for the adults, the kids had calmed down and the rest of the drive, which was at least half and hour, was done in silence. The bus driver was silently grateful of the quiet, he didn't like it when children ran in his bus.