oh mon dieu

||

||

She has concluded Stiles Stilinski is clinically insane.

"You know how many vehicle collisions last year involved a deer? 247,000," Stiles states the fact, causing Sheriff Stilinski to roll his eyes as he leans against the door frame of Stiles' bedroom, his arms crossed over his uniform-clad chest. It is the morning following Allison and Lydia's accident, coincidentally the first day of their junior year.

"Oh, God, please go to school," Noah begs, hoping to get the boy away from his damned laptop. In hindsight, the man realizes he should never have bought the thing for his crazed son.

"But that's crossing the road. This one last night came right down the middle," Stiles mumbles to himself, ignoring his father as his fingers fly across the keyboard.

Bea comes up behind the Sheriff, having heard the commotion from her room down the hall. She crosses her arms over her favorite green The Legend of Zelda t-shirt, her Jane Austen messenger bag slung over her shoulder, and her glasses on the bridge of her nose. She looks on the scene with a raised eyebrow, wondering how the boy could possibly find the time to pick apart her flaws when himself exists.

"I'm not gonna beg you," Noah continues trying to get his son's attention. He turns his attention to Bea. "Think you could make him come to his senses?"

The girl snorts, alerting Stiles' of her presence. He rolls his eyes, having hoped the memory of Bea was all just a bad dream. Unfortunately for him, she is still here. "I don't think little Stiles likes me very much. If you can't get him to listen to you, I think you're outta luck, Noah," she insists.

A sigh leaves the man's lips as he nods, looking back to his son. "Really, I'm not gonna beg you," he reiterates.

"Okay, good. I'm impervious to your influence anyway," Stiles retorts, typing away.

"Would you consider a bribe?"

"You couldn't meet my price."

"Extortion?"

"You got nothing on me."

Once more, a defeated sigh falls from Noah's nose. "Yeah." He walks over to his son's desk chair, starting to pull on the back of it so Stiles moves away from the desk.

"Dad, what are you doing?" Stiles asks as he tries to reach his keyboard. "Dad, what are you doing?" Stiles lets out a shriek as he falls from his chair to the ground, the Sheriff smirking down at him.

"Now, get your ass off the floor and drive you and Bea to school, please?"

With a few muttered curse words, Stiles pushes himself off the floor, closing his laptop and grabbing his bag off the back of his desk chair. He gives his father a brief hug before walking out of his room, making sure to bump shoulders with Bea on his way out.