f o u r t e e n

A/N- I really look up to Hayley Atwell (Peggy Carter), so I thought why not give Steve and Peggy their little happy story? Mahalo for actually reading my story, didn't think I'd make it this far! Thank you guys so so much!
-Hailey 😂

Steve

     I grab my brown leather jacket off of the expensive coat rack and head to the elevator. I wait as the elevator makes its way down to the bottom floor. When I finally reach the first floor, I go into the garage and start my motorcycle. I speed down the streets to where I should be with Peggy, talking about our long life together.

     I park into a stall close to the entrance and walk pass the front desk. I always visit Pegg, so they let me come in anytime. I pull up to her doorway and smile as I see her sleeping. I sit in the chair beside the bed and hold her warm hand in my giant one. She stirs a bit, so I stop moving so she wouldn't wake up. I lay back in the chair and start to doze off with her hand in mine, like it should be.

     "Steve?" Someone asks as I sit up. I turn to look at Pegg, her signature smile beaming at me. She's still beautiful even if she's in her 90s.

     "Hey Pegg. How are you feeling?"

     "Much better now that you're here." She responds. I smile in her direction, the one that makes her heart flutter. She sighs, and looks at me with her gorgeous brown eyes. She is still beautiful as ever. I start to frown as I play the memory over and over again. Crashing and freezing for 70 years, leaving Peggy heartbroken and hurt. Her moving on after a long while, finding someone to spend her life with and make happy memories. The thoughts pain my heart.

     She notices my change of expression and asks,"What's wrong, Steve?"

     "A mission that I recently finished." I lie. She nods her head, unsure of my answer. I hate lying to her, but it's for her own good. Sometimes you have to lie to protect the ones you love.

     We chat for hours, until its time for me to go, and I say goodbye. I kiss her forehead and help her up for her caregiver. I wave as I leave the door and thank the lady at the front desk. I walk to my motorcycle and head back to Stark Tower, picturing what Peggy and I could had have all those years ago.