e i g h t

ROSE

     I'm awake to the sound of a key unlocking my cell. A Russian guard orders me to get up and put on my training uniform.

"You will train with Winter Soldier."

I take a pause. I have never trained with him but heard of the merciless kills he has made.

"Why?" I question, the guard wanting to kill me.

"The Red Skull has demanded you train with him to see if you two can be an elite squad."

"What about the others drugged on this serum?"

"Not of your concern, Constricta."

I make the guard face the other way as I slip into the sleek black uniform equipped with straps to stash my weapons. I grab some daggers, the only weapon available to me because I tried to kill the man once.

I follow the guard, the urge to ripping his head off growing stronger as we walk towards the ring. The ring is where soldiers of Hydra spar with each other, sometimes to the death if The Red Skull wishes.

"He will be here shortly. Be prepared and remember what He has told you."

"Yeah yeah. Now go back to worshipping the devil you love so much," I retort, making a shooing motion to him.

"I would have killed you sooner, but He has requested that you remain untouchable. Still, the Winter Soldier will definitely whip you into shape." With those final words, he leaves the ring and returns to wherever Hydra assigned him to.

I haven't seen or heard of the Winter Soldier since they put my brain in a blender. I don't know what he is skilled in, but I hope he doesn't turn me into Constricta.

As I wait for the mysterious soldier, I start throwing my daggers at targets. Bullseye each one.

"So you're good with daggers," a voice calls from behind me. I turn around, meeting the face of the man with pretty blue eyes.

"Thanks, Captain Obvious." 

He stands at the edge of the ring with his arms crossed, his eyes covered with terrible eyeliner.

"Whoever your make-up artist is, they need to be fired." He doesn't respond and starts walking towards me.

"So now you wanna come and play." I roll my neck side to side and crack my knuckles. I learned how to control my canines but the transition is still a little hard and a lot painful.

He pulls a pocket knife from one of his sleeves and tries to mark me, but the serum running in my veins allows me to dodge his attack.

I duck and lunge at his right leg, burying my canines into his calf. He restrains a yelp and slits my left arm. Rage is what triggers Constricta, anger that I can't control but gives her power. The more he slashes me with that damned dagger, the more rage I get.

I let out a growl, fur shooting out everywhere, teeth and claws elongating, and bones cracking and shifting into place. "I am gonna kill you!"

I grab his metal arm in my claws and chew on it, vibranium clashing with bone. He yells now, more focused on killing me than anything else. My claws dig into his flesh and blood drips from each mark, the floor turning red. I see Him in the corner of my glowing red eyes.

"Enough! I have seen what I needed and I certainly don't need you breaking my soldier's arm," The Red Skull says.

I howl and scream in pain as my bones realign into human form and the claws sink in. My body bleeds from where my canines and claws where. The Winter Soldier stops from walking away, my screams dying as I struggle to breathe on the ground.