“It’s dad. Somethings wrong with him.” my stomach dropped further.

“Whats going on?” Why didn't anyone tell me? 

“Well, that’s the thing, I don’t really know what’s going on. Mom hasn't told me anything, but his last letter was…off.” He said, furrowing his brows. 

“Off how?” I prodded, without realizing I had leaned into his personal bubble. He pulled his gaze from the hardwood table and looked at me.

“I don’t know that either.” 

I sat in the courtyard, where I had perched myself after dinner. I was terribly curious as to what was going on with my brother and father, and more confused as to why no one had bothered to tell me. Even my own mother, though admittedly not the doting type she would normally write a letter explaining something. 

“Oi.” A voice called behind me, I looked over my shoulder. Damn. 

“Go away.” I called back grouchy tone increasing. 

“No,” The voice recalled. Plotting themselves down beside me. 

“Please. Go. Away.” I  already felt a migraine nestling between my temples. 

“No.” He repeated again. “Look, About the last time…” He begun, waiting to see if I would tell him to leave again. I didn’t. So he continued. 

“I wanted to apologize.” he started slowly.

I wanted to say that I didn't care, that he could take whatever apology he had and shove it. But I didn’t. Something had come over me and I couldn't say anything at all. So I looked over to the red haired boy, a half contrite look on his face. But something was abnormal about them. The look looked wrong on their face. 

“Spit it out.” I managed to say. 

“I know you probably won’t forgive me.” This time his voice came out through gritted teeth, as if someone was pulling strings above him. 

“Probably not.” I returned my gaze back in front of me. 

“It was like I couldn't help myself.” He continued despite me giving him every time to stop. 

“Stefan.” I said through gritted teeth. “Leave me alone.” 

“Just…Just hear me out.” he said, accent thick. 

“It was like I couldn't control myself. My body was moving on its own.”

“I’m not interested in any of your half assed excuses.” I stated calmly, though feeling the blood boil in my veins. I felt a hand grasp my shoulder and a pull, dragging my attention to his face. 

“Look at me.” he pleaded, I could see in his eyes that he was contrite. “You met my brother at a bonfire, and he took things too far I get that. But afterwards…I just…” he started, but paused, as if fighting a headache himself. “I could see what was happening but I couldn't control my body.” He finished. I tore myself from his grasp as rose, too quickly, to my feet. Black spots danced in front of my vision, and I tried to remember what I ate today, if anything at all. 

When my vision returned I saw that he was talking but I couldn't hear him, as if a bubble charm had been cast over my head. I furrowed my brows and tried to read his lips. The next thing I knew a black cape had swished in front of my view. A large coiled snake of a professor separating us. 

After a moment black covered my eyes completely and I collapsed onto the ground. 

“What are you doing here.” A voice sneered from the left of me. Draco? I tried to open my eyes but failed, instead settling on focusing on listening. 

“Down, Malfoy.” the other voice snapped back, as if talking to a dog. “I was just stopping by. In case you forgot you don’t own the building.” I internally smiled at the sassy nature of the boy. My brother remained quite. 

“She’s fine. Leave.” He ordered, my brother said, the sound of a chair scratching against the stone floor. I grimaced. 

“What if I say no?” The other boy asked, his voice sounding louder, perhaps he had come closer. 

“I’m warning you Potter.” empty threats tumbled out of my brother’s mouth. 

“Relax. I saw her collapse. I’m just seeing if she is alright.” 

My eyes were finally able to open. I cracked them slowly, eyes darting around the room as if I had just woken up and not heard the previous conversation. To my right stood Potter, on my left, Draco. 

“Whats going on?” I asked, sleep groggily clouding my voice, adding to the illusion. 

“Apparently, you've attracted an admirer.” Draco spat severely, causing even me to flinch. I rolled my head to look at the boy standing on my other side, mustering up the best doe-eyes I could, complete with a quizzical eyebrow. 

“What?” But the boy wasn't looking at me, but over my head to my brother. Perhaps the rivalry went deeper than I originally thought. 

“What?” I repeated. Not used to getting ignored. Still nothing. The tiny me in my head stomped her feet and crossed her arms. Rude. 

After no reaction from either of the boys after a moment I crossed my arms in frustration. And after another minute of waiting Potter turned quickly and marched out of the infirmary not bothering to look back. I wondered how far back my brother had just set me.

“What the bloody hell was that all about?” I asked, turning quickly onto my brother, enough venom to take down the potion’s professor. He looked down at me startled by my reaction, but recovered quickly. 

“When the bloody hell did you befriend Potter?” he hissed in a low tone. 

“I don’t see how that’s any of your business.” I replied haughtily. “Since you’re too good to talk to me these days.” I added. He said nothing but chewed on his lip. A habit I had picked up from him. Without another word he stormed out, large wooden doors slamming behind him.  

“Stupid git.” I grumbled, fighting to untangle the sheets that had been wrapped around me like tentacles.