10 | Hurt

Riley

"Mom, who is he?" Vanessa asked the young woman as Farkle walked out. This was it. Farkle was walking out of her life forever. He was walking out on his daughter forever. Riley couldn't believe him.

"He's your father, darling." Riley said, tears in her eyes. She was heartbroken and hurt. She couldn't believe him. Riley looked back to Vanessa to see tears in her eyes as well. Riley frowned and pulled Vanessa into a hug. "I knew he would leave. I knew he would abandon you. I knew he would hurt you."

Vanessa wrapped her arms around her mother and let out a sob. She whimpered and hugged her mom tight. Riley watched her daughter slowly break because of that man. Riley wouldn't take it. She let go of Vanessa and marched outside. "FARKLE MINKUS! I SWEAR TO GOD!"

Riley looked to see Farkle was crying in his car. Riley stopped and looked to Vanessa, who was standing behind Riley. Riley looked back to Farkle. Why was he crying? Riley frowned and walked up to his car and knocked on the window.

Farkle rolled down the window, "What do you want?"

Riley unlocked the door and climbed in the car. "I'm sorry. I'm protective of my daughter. I don't want her to get to close to you, only for you to walk away if you get mad at me."

Farkle looked at Riley. "How could you think that? I'd never walk away from Vanessa. She's my daughter too."

Riley nodded, "I'm sorry, but you have to actually stick around for her if you want her to be your daughter too."

"Okay," Farkle said. "I'll stick around. I'll be a dad. I'll be there for her projects, presentations, I'll be there for her. You just have to give me a chance."

Riley nodded. Why was she trusting this man? Why Farkle Minkus, the man who hurt her the most?

That's when she found out why she was trusting him with Vanessa.

She still loved him.