9 | For A Second

Farkle

"I'm your father."

It took all his strength to say it. He couldn't believe it. He had a daughter. He should've known that was happened to Riley was pregnancy. How could he be so stupid?

He looked at the young girl. Her expression was priceless. She looked devastated. She looked shocked. She looked like something was wrong. What could be so wrong? The one and only Farkle Minkus was her father. Why did she look so upset?

"Mom... Tell me he isn't my father." Vanessa said, looking to Riley.

Riley bit her lip and then nodded, "He is your father. You are actually Vanessa Minkus... No, you're Vanessa Matthews."

"Why isn't she Vanessa Minkus?" Farkle asked, offended. His own child wouldn't have his last name? What was this? He was shocked that Riley would say that.

"She's Vanessa Matthews because you weren't around when I was pregnant, when she was born, in her childhood!" Riley shouted. "If you want a baby named after you, then go have another baby! Vanessa is mine, not yours."

"Riley, you're being a bitch." Farkle snarled.

"I'm the bitch?" Riley paused. Then, Riley began to laugh loudly. "I'm the bitch? I didn't abandon Vanessa. I've been there since day 1!"

Farkle looked at her. Who was that? The Riley he knew was so sweet and kind. She loved Farkle. She loved everything.

Now she was a cruel and viscous and hostile woman who didn't care if she lost everything.

Farkle looked at her for a moment. Then, quickly, he stormed out the front door. He got to his car and sat in it. For a second he thought she loved him. For a second he thought that he could have a real family. For a second he though that he had Riley, the move of his life, back.

In a split second he was proven wrong.