03 - In Dreams

I guess this is the time where the past comes back to haunt her, so this is her dream. Please vote and comment so I know I don't waste my time trying to think of the plot and characters. Thanks :)

Claire's P.O.V.

I got home just in time, my dad was getting ready to leave for work, "Sorry, I was delayed at the store." I said not daring to look at him. He would know something was wrong and he would try to make me tell him. "Here are the keys. Have a safe night." I said and hugged him.

"Take care not to spoil him." I heard my mom teasing us from the kitchen.

"She is right you know." he told me as he hugged me and laid a kiss on my forehead, "I will be allright. You just make sure to have sweet dreams."

I let him go and watched as he drove away, "Stay safe." I prayed under my breath and went to the kitchen to put away the groceries.

                                                    ---------------Later That Night ---------------

I laid awake on my bed for a long time, I was afraid to fall asleep. Ever since... that night I didn't sleep well as dreams of what had happened wouldn't leave alone. Most days I was awake before dawn, drenched in cold sweat, breathing heavilly, with my heart lodged in my throat and just barely stopping my self from screaming. I didn't want my parents to know about the nightmares. It was my own little hell, my punishment for destroying my family's peace, for making it necessary to move across the country to this small town where noone would know about us, about me....

But as hard as I always tried to stay awake sleep would take me on his wings... and as we flew into the night the memories would come back to haunt me.....

I can hear the wind howling outside I can feel the time slipping away, I rush to my room throwing clothes and photos in a backpack. "What else? What else?" I chant as I open drawers and closets to save waht I can before....

"We need to go!" I hear my mother yelling and my eyesight becomes blurry for a second, but I will not cry. As I toss the last drawer open I grab my jewllery case and thank the gods that I managed to save it.

I run downstairs meeting my dad's calm face, I can't imagine how much it costs him to stay calm.  "Get everything to the car. I will be out shortly." he orders and I obey. I know he will have to torch the house so that our scents won't linger.

I get in the car and put my hair in a bun, cover it with a hat, 'I will have to dye it when I get a chance'  I think and feel cold chills on my back, the hunt will start soon and we need to get out of this place. This town was my family's home for over a hundrend years, we had roots here and now... I bite the inside of my cheek to stop the cry that wanted to come out, I don't deserve the right to cry. It's my fault we have to leave like this... but I won't let my mind wander to those memories.

As my father gets in the car and starts driving away I chance a last look behind. A small yellow light comes through the window, seconds later it transforms into a blaze of gold and red. My whole life in ashes. I feel tears forming in my eyes and blink furiously to stop them. 'You don't deserve to mourn for this loss. You are the one to blame!'  I tell my self and know it's the truth. If only I was stronger....

"Claire, this was not your fault!" my dad tells me, I want to believe him but I can't.

"Do not blame yourself , honey. There was nothing else you could have done!" my moms turns to llok at me but I close my eyes, shaking my head.

They were trying to make me feel better but they were wrong, I could have taken another way out. When, he followed me into the forest, I could have, should have ran away... but that would have given me away as well... and that was why I remained the little human girl in the forest... with a stalker on my heels.... I should have tried harder to get away.... I should have.... I feel the tears on my cheeks and can't hold them anymore. The pain of today's afternoon comes back at full force and the only thing I can do is try to keep my parents from sensing it.

I curl up in a ball as the images start bombarding my mind, images of him.... holding me down, trying to kiss me, and then tearing my shirt... next thing I know I am over him... and he is dead. As I run back to my house I know... I know they will come for me.... the Wild Hunt will be summoned from its sleep of 500 years because I hadn't kept my true nature hidden from the humans....

It didn't matter that he was hurting me, it diidn't matter that he would have killed me, nor that he had done it before... All they would care about was that I allowed my second half to take a human's life. And so I had to run, and with me my family.... because they didn't kill me a soon as they knew what I did....

As the road in front of us turned into a highway I felt the howling intensifying, they had already found the house burning, nothing left of us there, their rage could be felt on the wind, on the rain that had started pouring out of nowhere to turn into large chunks of ice as their search beared no fruits.

"No matter where you go, we will find you! Noone escapes the Wild Hunt of the Fae!" I hear the Hunter yelling and my body starts to shiver.... as I wake again in the middle of the night with cold sweat running down my back. I lie back down but know that I will not sleep again, the Hunter's voice haunts me as I close my eyes, "Noone escapes the Wild Hunt!"

And so a new day has already begun.

(Author's Note : Not sure if it's too small, I will try to get some more later on. Thanks for Voting and Commenting :) )