02,5 - Meetings (Part 2)

Author's Note: This is the last part of 2nd chapter, but I didn't want to mess the previous entry so here it is...

PS the songs on the side mostly refer to the characters.... or at least I try to match the lyrics with the occasions and feelings of the characters.... so give them a try... if you want thanks :)

Claire's P.O.V.

The list of shopping that I had to get from the store was almost finished, the last part of it was pasta and rice. My thoughts flew to Dan, he'd said he would be her and I hoped I wasn't too late, nor too early...

I had picked up the last pack of pasta I had to get when I felt more than heard his breath behind me. I smiled and turned but I saw noone. With my heart lodged in my throat I walked as fast as I could without running to the store's front, paid and went to the car. As it usually happens when you are under stressthe keys were nowhere to be found and as the sun had already set its easy to conclude that I was seriously spooked. At the very moment when I finally touched the keys in my bag, I heard footsteps behind me. Clutching the keys so that I might do some damage if necessary I turned to find Dan standing a couple of feet behind me with his hands held high in surrender. I let out a breath I was holding and almost fell on the cars door. "Why did you have to sneak up to me?" I asked quite furious.

"I am sorry if I scared you, I didn't mean to. I was coming to find you when I saw you leaving the store and actually called your name a couple of times. Is everything al right? Did something happen?" he asked and came closer to me, putting a hand on my shoulder. It was like time had stopped for a few seconds and an electrical current ran through my body.

I stared up at Dan, I'm about 5.4' to his 5.9', "What? What was that?" I asked while an inner voice was shrieking at me to get away, to go home, pack up and get as far away as I could from him.

"Static, I guess." he said and dropped his hand,no more looking at me, "Well, how was the rice? I hope it won against the pasta." he tried for funny but I knew he wanted to get away too.

So I tried to give him the out he seemed to need, "Well, not exactly, we decided to get both. My dad doesn't like rice." I smiled and looked at my watch, "Oh, I'm sorry I need to get going, I need to return the car so that my dad can get to work." Not an actual lie that, as the same inner voice warned me not to lie to him. It wouldn't end well if I did. I turned and unlocked the door opening it so that I could get the bags on the passenger seat, then I turned back to him and smiled, "Hope I'll see you again. Have a good night." I said and tried to move around the car to the driver's door when the same growlling sound was heard. I looked araound but saw noone, again.

"I need to get some stuff too." Dan said and pushed me to get going, "We will probably meet at the campus." He opened the door and almost pushed me to get inside. "Be careful and stay safe." he told me as he closed the door and started walking towards the store without waiting for me to start driving.

I tried not to feel hurt, he probably felt as weird as I did, and probably wanted to get in the store away from whatever animal was out there growling. I checked my watch once again and started driving, I really had to get hom soon. My father had to be at work in less than an hour, all the weird growls and feelings had to wait for a more convenient time.

Jim's P.O.V

I was going to the store to find Dan, he would be there as he works the cashier most nights. I was expecting him to be at the parking lotbut what I didn't expect was to find him there with Her, with his hand on her shoulder and the air smelling of ozone, the scent of storms and static electricity. I couldn't stop the beast from growling, I could only keep it under so many chains...

Seeing his mate being claimed by another wolf wasn't something that could be controled by any number of chains. Not even silver ones.

In the next few seconds she was gone and he was at the porch litting a cigarette and looking around, trying to spot me. "I thought you said she was off limits. Being human and all." I said, the wolf pretty much in control.

"I couldn't stay away, the wolf..." he stops as soon as he sees my eyes glittering, he knows the wolf is in the forefront at the time and there is no reasoning to be done with him. 'Then I guess we have a problem." he just states lowering his eyes while turning his head to the right, thus revealing his neck to me. A most submissive posture from someone as dominant as him.

The wolf decides to accept and let my human half take the reigns, "Sorry, "I tell him, lately it seems I have to apologise to him almost every day, "So, this must be a first. Both our wolves have chosen a human as a mate. Have you ever heard of it before?" I know I haven't so probably neither had he.

"No" he said shaking his head. "So, what do we do? Ask her to choose? Leave her alone?" he asked and I knew he wouldn't offer the third choice. No, Dan was like a brother to me, we grew up together. Fighting for a female, even one that our wolves wanted to claim as mate, would probably destroy us both.

"For now, I think it's better to stay away from her. At least try to." I said, and knew that it would be as difficult as trying to hold the change at a full moon.

"Next week we return to campus." he said and I had no idea how to respond.

"We will deal with it when we get there." I told him and he nodded.

"I need to get to work." he said and I nodded.

"We can talk again tomorrow." I said, "Have a good shift."

"Goodnight, Alpha." he says and enters the store as I walk away to another sleepless night in the cage.

Between Two Wolvesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें