02 - Meetings

Claire's P.O.V

Sunday came and went and life was starting to fall into a normal pattern. So on Monday I drove to the town's college to make sure my transfer was completed and to get the book-list and timetable for this year. As I finished with the office employee I felt someone staring at me, but when I turned noone was there. Shaking my head I turned to the guy in front of me, "So, do I need any more papers or do I come next Monday for the morning courses?" I asked.

The guy, who couldn't be older than 25 years old smiled answering, "The transfer is completed, the lessons start next Monday, but you can visit me anytime you want. I am here every morning till four in the afternoon." I nodded and heard what I could swear was an animal's growl coming from somewhere behind me. I looked at the guy in front of me and was about to ask him about it when he put the 'CLOSED' sign in front of him and left hurriedly, I sighed and left picking up my list and timetable.

By the time I got to the car in the parking lot I had looked behind me about twenty times, feeling those eyes but never seeing anyone. As I got to the main road the feeling disappeared, straightening my back I putt it off my mind and went to the local bookstore. I remembered that I had to visit the grocery store later and felt a smile forming on my lips, "The rice vs pasta debate" I told my self and smiled even wider. Yes, it will be a much better year for us all.

Jim's P.O.V.

I stayed in the cage for most of the weekend, by the early hours of Monday I was myself again and was allowed out. I went to the campus to make sure they didn't mess up my programme like last year. I was in the back of the office when the wolf in me started getting agitated, Front! he was shouting at me, Get to the front! I closed my eyes and breathed deep trying to sort through the scents of the office and the people who had been or were there.

The wolf started scratching me from the inside, as if it was trying to get out by destroying my human skin. Under the scents of dust and paper a unique flowery scent that had me walking to her with my eyes still closed, my wolf was frantic but I managed to stop behind a wall.

I could see her talking to the office guy, but when he smiled at her inviting her to visit him again I growled, it was all I could do not to leap at him and tear his throat out. I smiled showing teeth as he closed up and left almost running. She left and I stood watching her as she got into a grey car, as she parked out and drove on the way to the city commercial center.

I silenced my wolf and breathed evenly for five more minutes, until I felt I could drive back home. It didn't matter what my beast was growling Mate! Our mate! Go to our mate! I knew better than getting involved with a human. For one thing she would be in danger, after almost a year of being able to change to my wolf I still couldn't control the urges or the strength of it. add to it the need to mark her and protect her.... she would be terrified of me, and that would be a knife to my heart, both my human and wolf heart. To have your mate being afraid of you is almost as cruel as your mate rejecting you... "It's better if I don't acknowledge her at all." I tell myself and drive back to my house, maybe the cage won't be the answer I need after all.