Twenty One

"Hi, I'm Stephanie. Can I speak with Harry please?" A woman with long auburn hair and piercing blue eyes, looked right at me. Confidently standing in her tan stilettos.

"I'm sorry, Miss, but do you have an appointment?" She looked rather pissed.

"Let me rephrase, I'm Stephanie Styles, I'm here to speak with my husband."

Husband? What about Beverley? My mind raced through all kinds of possibilities. Bev wasn't that kind of person was she? Maybe this Stephanie lady and Harry were divorced.

"Let me just phone him and see if he's busy."

"No need, just show me to his office." I nodded curtly at her and stood to guide her to Mr. Styles' office.

As we walked down the hall I noticed some pictures in her hand. I hoped to God they weren't what they looked to be.

I guess she noticed me staring, "She's due in about six months." She showed me the images in her hand, and my heart sunk for Beverley.

I managed a congratulations.

"Sorry for being rude by the way, I've been a little moody these past few months."

"Understandably." I muttered. "Here we are," I gestured to Harry's door and she knocked.

"Come in." I heard him.

"I didn't catch your name by the way." Stephanie looked back at me as I walked back to my desk.

"Holly."

I had to tell Bev.