Sketchbook (Adrienette)

Imagine Muse A of your OTP being super protective over a certain sketchbook and not letting anyone look in it (i.e. slamming it shut when working in it and people get too close). But them Muse B finds Muse A sleeping somewhere with their certain sketchbook left wide open and finds out that Muse A has been drawing pictures of Muse B in their sketchbook. [Bonus points if Muse A wakes up and is flustered at being discovered doing this.] ohohoho this is going to be good. the idea belongs to otp situations on tumblr. I added a quote from Alice in Wonderland in the story so see if you can spot it!! Sorry this took so long :/ And it was kinda rushed at the end. I'm horrible I know BUT I FINISHED AHHHHH

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marinette was doodling in her sketchbook during class, sticking her tongue out in concentration. This sketchbook was her secret sketchbook, as she didn't let anyone see it, not even Alya. She would die of embarrassment if anyone saw what she drew. They were little pictures of Adrien, modeling her different fashion designs. She also drew him in different angles, and made different features more noticeable than most. One of her sketches was of Adrien, but his eyes stood out due to her extreme attention to detail. They looked like they were glowing, the brilliant light green standing out from the darker parts. She also decided to draw some of her friends, but they were silly little sketches, none as detailed as Adrien. She did, however, draw a photo of Chat in the same fashion. His whole body was shaded in like it was night, only his eyes showing color. It looked real, as if he was right there. She also drew ladybug, to balance it out. Ladybug's blue bell eyes shined with pride and determination. The red on the mask was colored so it would not be as noticeable as the blue, but still be there. Marinette was very proud of these drawings, but due to the other sketches in her sketchbook, she didn't show anyone.

Alya was trying to get a look at what Marinette was drawing, but before she could see anything, Marinette slammed her sketch book shut and giggled nervously. "You shouldn't look at other people's stuff without permission" she said, blushing when some students turned to look at her. Adrien did as well and she gulped nervously, shoving her sketchbook in her backpack and sinking in her seat. Alya just raised her eyebrow, her journalist- like instincts kicking in and she asked questions. "What is in the sketchbook?" she asked and Marinette responded with "Nothing". "well, if it's nothing, then why won't you show me it? I'm sure it can't be that important." Marinette's eyes widened, her mouth forming a small o shape. Alya just smirked, satisfied that she got this reaction out of  Marinette. "I'll respect your privacy, girl. that's why we're best friends" Alya said, looking back at her textbook. Marinette sighed with relief, quietly thanking her friend before focusing on her notes. 

Now it was lunch, and Marinette was at the school library, studying. Well, that's what she told her best friend. She actually just wanted to draw in peace without having to worry about someone trying to look at her work. Alya went on a lunch date with Nino (she insisted it was no date but Marinette didn't believe that for one second), so she was alone. As she sketched more silly pictures of her friends, she started to get tired. Lately, patrol has been lasting longer and later, because they had an Akuma attack at night a few weeks ago. So, Ladybug and Chat Noir decided to stay out longer to ensure safety. Marinette started to drift off, and with out realizing it, started to sketch Adrien. Her eyelids got heavier and heavier, and in a few minutes she was out cold.

Adrien decided to go to the library to study, since Nino was on a date with Alya (Nino said it was not a date in any way, but Adrien didn't believe that for a second.) Plus, Chloé wouldn't think of looking in the library to find him. Adrien walked into the library, his shoes making gentle tapping noises. It seemed like no one was there, but he still stayed quiet just in case. He set his bag down on one of the near-by tables and walked through the isles of books, trying to find something good to read. As he passed some book isles, he saw something pink on one of the tables. Curiosity led him to the table, to see what was at the table. He was shocked to see a sleeping Marinette, a smile adorning her peaceful face. Her head laid on her arms, which were on the table. She had one hand laying on what seemed to be a sketch book, but not the one she uses for fashion. 

Adrien smiled at the sight, it reminding him of how she acted before the whole umbrella thing. She seemed confident and concentrated, like she was fighting someone. She kind of reminded him of ladybug, but he shrugged it off, instead peering at the sketch book in front of him. He caught a glimpse of what seemed to be a drawing of someone familiar. "Curiouser and curiouser..." Adrien thought to himself as he started to reach towards the sketchbook. 

"Wait, What the hell am I doing!? I can't just look through other people's stuff without permission, it's not right! Plus, she hides everything in here. Even Alya can't look at it" Adrien whispered to himself, jerking his hand back. "I don't see the big deal, it's a sketchbook, not like anything good could be in there" Plagg mumbled, zipping out of Adrien's pocket, over the sketchbook. "Plagg, what are you doing!? What if she wakes up and sees you? I can't say 'That's my Kwami, his name is Plagg. He helps me become Chat Noir.'" Adrien exclaims, trying to get Plagg back to his pocket. "Don't worry, she's out cold, kid.Oh wow, that's actually a good drawing of you. She has a good eye for detail." Plagg said, examining the drawing of Adrien. "Wait, What?" Adrien asked, walking closer to Plagg. "Yeah, you should look through it" Plagg replied, going back into Adriens pocket.  

'A little peak wouldn't hurt...' Adrien thought to him self, biting his lip as he slowly got closer to the sleeping girl. He carefully slipped his hand to the end of the sketchbook and slowly pulled it, stopping to see if Marinette had stirred from her slumber. He realized that Plagg was right, she was out cold. He successfully got the sketchbook out of her grasp after 5 minutes, and flipped to the front page. There was a note that read:

Dear anyone who got their hands on my sketchbook, good job I guess? I watch this sketchbook 24/7,  so you must have some mad skill to pick it up without me noticing. Please don't go through this, God if this is Chloé... anyways, please don't think I'm a stalker, I just really like sketching people... I seem like a total dorkasaurus...

~Marinette Dupain- Cheng 

Adrien chuckled at the little  note. He had to admit, it was pretty cute. Especially when she said dorkasaurus. He hadn't heard that one yet. Adrien sat there for a minute, contemplating whether to flip through the sketchbook. He knew looking through other people's belongings are bad, but he was so damn curious. He blamed his newfound curiosity on Plagg, as some of Chat Noir's habits have rubbed off on him. He decided to look through it anyways, even if it was a bad thing to do. Plagg was snickering at the young boy, knowing too well that Chat's curiosity rubbed off on him. Adrien just whispered a simple "shut up Plagg" and flipped to the first page.

His eyes widened as he saw very detailed sketches of himself, in various poses and outfits. He recognize the derby hat she made with the feather in it, and smiled. She also drew him under his black umbrella, but he looked so lonely. His breathe hitched at the next drawing. It was the realistic eyes of Chat Noir, and they looked like they were glowing. He also saw a ladybug one and took a picture of both, now fascinated by this girls artistic abilities. They're were drawings of their classmates, like Alya and Nino holding hands. It was pretty cute. There was also small doodles of Marinette herself, mostly in outfits he assumed she made. 

Adrien flipped to one page and it shocked him. She drew a picture of him walking by her, distracted, and she was looking at him, a sad expression on her face. Above her were the words "Can't tell him." That's when he heard shuffling next to him. "Merde..." he whispered to himself, quickly shutting her sketchbook and getting up. He did however, leave her a note in the sketch book. it read "If you need a model to model your clothes, just let me know ~ Adrien" 

He left her his number beneath his name.