California Confession

We are literally almost done with the trip. I don't know if I should be relieved or upset about that. Draco and I have gotten close and I have figured out my feelings for him. I really really like him. I plan on telling him when we get to Yosemite, California. I don't know where to tell him but we will figure it out. I sighed and looked out the window. I just want to get there before my head implodes on itself. It was currently night time and I was restless. I looked around. Everyone else was fast asleep except Fred. Everything was quiet and it seemed as though he didn't notice that I was awake. That's a good thing too. I really didn't feel like talking to anyone anyway. I was tired but my thoughts kept me awake. I should probably ask the girls in the morning. They know everything about romance don't they? I pretty much passed out after I thought that. When I woke up, I was forced to go to the gas station this time. I was extremely tired but whatever. I looked around, and noticed Draco wasn't there. He was probably still asleep. I bet if I confronted him about it he'd say something about beauty sleep. I guess "beauty sleep" really works for him. I didn't know what Draco liked at all. I should really ask him what he likes and all that. I just waited for the others considering I didn't really want anything. However, I should really pick something out cause I might regret it later. I picked up something random along with some tea called "Pure Leaf." I got the peach flavored because why not. I got one for Draco too. I got back in the car and waited for everyone. Just as expected, Draco was fast asleep. I put our teas in a cup holder and waited. Everyone came back in and we started moving. I couldn't wait to go to Yosemite. Draco woke up sometime later. We talked and talked until we got to Yosemite. Draco and I ran out of the car and looked around. Fred and George were running around as well. Hermione and Ron were looking at the brochure while Ginny was taking pictures. I grinned. This was the best time to come here because it was just a bit cloudy and chill out. Hermione walked over to me. "What are you going to do here?" She asked. "I'm gonna confess." I replied. "Oh! May I suggest you do it here?" She said. I looked. "On a raft? Really?" I asked. "Hey, we are gonna be here for a while. Pretty much till dawn! It'll be romantic." She said. I rolled my eyes. "Maybe I will but a plastic raft that floats won't be romantic." I said. "Who knows it might not end well either." I said. "What do you mean by that?" She asked. "I'd probably knock the thing over on accident." I said. She chuckled. "Just be careful." She said and walked away. I sighed and waited till dawn. We went swimming and everything. I looked at Draco. I walked over to him and took his hand. "Let's go rafting!" I said. "Your voice cracked." He said. I got a little flustered. "Shut up! Let's go rafting." I said. He laughed as he was dragged by me. We got in a raft and went off. I sighed as my blush lessened. 'WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO SAY?' I thought. 'Uh, hey, you know how we were enemies for the past few years? Well, guess what! I love you to death!' I thought. I looked at my cupped hands and tried not to make eye contact. "This is the quietest boat ride I have ever been on." He said with a chuckle. I looked up at him. It was really, really quiet. All I heard was birds flying or the river moving. I thought I could hear my own heart beat as well. "So, uh..." I started. He smiled at me. "What do you like?" I asked. Great job, Harry, completely dodging the main idea. He looked confused. "Oh, well, I like a lot of things." He said. "It may sound weird but I really like flowers and chores." He said. He seemed to be as flustered as I. "Chores? A Malfoy liking chores?" I teased. "There is nothing to do at my house. So, chores are what I do." He said. "Why not read or draw? Your drawings suck." I said. He laughed. "I have been practicing recently and I've read every story in the house which is a lot." He said. "What do you like?" He asked. 'Perfect moment.' I thought. "I like you!" I said. Of course my voice would crack at this moment. He looked at me in shock. I was blushing crazily. "Was that too soon?" I asked. He smiled and shook his head. "Actually it's more of a little late." He said. "Huh?" I asked. "What do you mean by a little late?" "I used to have a huge crush on you." He said. "Used to?" I asked. He chuckled a bit. "But, uh... I could try again." He said. "So, does that mean you like me like I like you or do you not like me?" I asked. He tried answering. I tried standing up but it made the raft tip over and we fell into the water. I  tried to look for Draco and the raft. Draco had already found the raft. I swam over to him and got us back in. I panted a bit. "Are you okay?" I asked. He nodded. "Are you?" He asked. I nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine." I said. We got back to shore as quick as possible and got in towels. We headed got into the car. I warmed myself and warmed Draco up. I sighed as everyone else got back into the car.