16: Ticking Clocks

Start from the beginning

I took a sip from it and hummed before taking another and sitting them drink down on the little table in front of us

I took a sip from it and hummed before taking another and sitting them drink down on the little table in front of us. I was holed up at home when I was not working and Harmony decided that I needed this little girls night. So here I am sitting in a club with her and Keyton's wife, Octavia.

We all became good friends while I was working on her case and she is so nice. I have come by few people that would have been as nice she was to her daughter's grandparents. Those people had tried to destroy her name and make her out as an awful person, yet she still offered them visitation rights after we won the case. Of course those assholes turned it down making snide comments to her that Keyton defended his wife against. Those people were so ignorant that is hurt my heart for Amelia because she is related to them by blood. I had gotten angry after the hearing that I had a restraining order put into place against them due to their malicious comments.

Octavia had just shrugged them off seemingly to the everyone else, but the look in her eyes told a different story. She was hurting, but she held it together as best as she could so noone knew. I had pulled her aside and spoke to her as a friend and invited her over to my place along with Harmony for a girls night in. The rest is history. I am so happy that her and Ton are together. They are perfect for each other and their children are so cute.

"This is really good", I commented sipping from my drink again. Sugar smiled and flipped her hair over her shoulder. "I knew that you would. I am really happy that you finally brought your ass out of the house. You have been moping for days and that is a 'no-no'", she responded before sipping from her own drink. I sighed, "Yeah, I just have a lot on my mind right now", I said looking between the two women on either sides of me. "What is on your mind, Ana? I may not of known you a very long time but I know that something is bothering you", Octavia said making me sigh again. "Heifer are you trying to lose your soul?", Sugar said looking at me like I was crazy.

"Do either one of you think that we are moving too fast?", I asked. Octavia raised a brow at me while Harmony rolled her eyes and threw her hands as if to say 'Bitch, I just can't with you right now'. "You better not be thinking about backing out on that man, Anastasia", Harmony said sternly. I sighed and she reached over and flicked me on the forehead. "Sigh again. I dare you. Now you better not be getting cold feet. You are about to marry the love of your life and now you are questioning it when your wedding is in 3 damn days. I did not go through dress fittings for you to back out at the last minute", she said hotly. "Harmony, calm down", Octavia soothed reaching across me and patting her on the leg.