Chapter Twenty-two

Xander's POV

I rushed outside when I heard the muffled scream. I searched for Ellie's thoughts but I heard none. Running down the sidewalks I neither found nor heard anything besides Shadow's plea full whines. I tucked Shadow into my jacket and called out Ellie's name again, still returning in silence.

I knew I shouldn't have let her go outside on her own! I knew Michael was planing something, and he would carry it out in the day she turned seventeen!

My eyes widened and my teeth clenched so hard I thought they would break. If my eyes weren't already red they were like fire now. I growled in anger accidentally scaring shadow.

Using my super speed, I ran to Caroline's house. She didn't answer the door the first time, so I began repeatedly clicking the doorbell.

She finally came out and instead of explaining everything I handed her the cat and told her to hurry.

She placed shadow inside with her parents, and ran outside with me. Don't ask me how she keeps everything a secret from her parents, but she's pretty good at it.

Catching up with me her eyes seemed to fuse to red as mine did. I had told her what happened to Ellie through our mind link, and now we were both furious.

We ran to Josh's house and dragged him outside. Without time to explain we just ran and he followed. Now we all shared a mind link, and I was frantically ranting. Thankfully they were good listeners.

We ran to my house hoping my dad could help, but he wasn't home. I tried calling him but he never answered.

Dammit! He was one of the strongest vampires, and he just had to be gone now!?

Still not satisfied I called my cousins and they all answered on the first ring, surprisingly. I told them to come asap and that Ellie was in danger. I paced in the front yard as they showed up within five minutes, appearing out of thin air.

"Alright, guys we need a plan!" I said almost growling.

"Why don't we just attack?" Andrew and Daniel said at the same time. Of course they would think that way.

"He is expecting us to do that! We have to be smart. I'm guessing he has people helping him. Somehow he didn't die. My father was supposed to kill him. Obviously that never happened because he escaped."

I growled, punching a tree and causing it to fall over. Everyone stared at me, as I let out my rage. Coming back to my senses, I directed them on what to do.

"Andrew, Daniel, you scout on the edge of town, check the warehouses. It's where she was last. Caroline and Josh you check everywhere in town even public places. Marie your with me. Got it?"

"Got it!" They all yelled running off to their positions, disappearing with their unnatural speed.

This was going to be a long night, but it's for Ellie. I was done with Michael trying to take her from me! She was my girlfriend and she would always be, that is if she would still have me after all of this.

Marie and I searched everywhere starting with where I found shadow. Her sent was strong until a few feet inside of the forest. We searched the forest top and bottom but found nothing.

I wasn't giving up yet. I would never give up on Elizabeth.

Ellie's POV

Opening my eyes my vision seemed blurry like I need glasses. Blinking, it became clearer but I still couldn't focus on any one thing. My mind seemed fuzzy.