Chapter 15- I Guess He'll Do

Start from the beginning

"Sorry babe." I say as he smirks.

"What did you call me?" He smiles.

"Babe."

"I love it." He laughs and gets out and goes to the driver's seat to put his shirt on. I do the same and look at my neck in the mirror.

"Damn Marcus. It looks like a vampire bit me." I whine.

"I wouldn't blame him. I mean look at you." He kisses my neck as I smile. He pulls away as I try to cover the marks with my hair. Good enough. He starts the car and begins to drive. I smile out of the window thinking of what would've happened if my brother wouldn't have called.

Marcus covers my hand with his as I smile. We reach the house and get out and as if on que Marcus puts his arm around my neck as I open the door. I see everyone in the entertainment room on the couches and chairs. My dad stands up as he sees Marcus and me walk in.

"Hey honey." He hugs me. "Marcus." He nods towards him.

"Hey dad, what's going on?" I ask as everyone stares.

"We we were talking about- what's this?" He looks at the marks on my neck. He moves my hair back to see more clearly.

"It's just some marks."

"Little? Do you see the depth and size of these?" Marcus fidgets as my dad inspects my neck.

"Did you do this?" My dad begins to walk closer to Marcus.

"Dad don't blame him its okay, I'm okay."

"Did you sleep with my daughter?"

"Mr.- Mr. Jackson I didn't -"

"Dad stop!" I yell cutting Marcus off.

"Listen, I'm not a baby anymore so stop treating me like one. We never slept together." I grab Marcus's hand. "But we are together." Marcus smiles and squeezes my hand.

"Mr. Jackson I would never hurt your daughter." He hugs me.

"You're right honey, I'm sorry. I've just been on edge lately." He hugs me and gives Marcus a firm handshake.

"What is it that we need to discuss?" I ask as my dad begins to walk away.

"I told Kaleb about mom." Kyle says.

"How did he take it?"

"Not too well, he's upstairs with Aunt Carol now."

"We also need to talk about the funeral date." My dad says as he motions for us to sit down.

"Okay."

"So the wake will be Friday at 7:00 in the evening until 7:45. The funeral will be Saturday at 12:00 until 1:30 in the afternoon."

"I uh have to go to the bathroom I'll be back." Marcus awkwardly leaves.

"I'll be right back." I have to see what's going on with Marcus. I find him in the guestroom on the bed.

"What was that about?" I ask at the doorway as he jumps at the sound of my voice.

"Um oh it's nothing." He shakes a little as if shaking something off.

"Marcus come on, you know you can always talk to me."

"It's about Saturday."

"What about it? You don't want to go to the funeral do you?"

"No it's not that- that."

"Come on Marcus spit it out."

"I can't go."