Chapter 2

"Dude, I don't think I should tell her," I just came back from Laila's room and my plan was to confess that over the summer I had a fling. I just couldn't do it, she looked so peaceful and happy.

"Tell her before she finds out is all I'm saying," Theo said as he spread his bed. Our room didn't look bad, actually it looked really good. Theo did most of the work but he'd rather me stay out the way.

My phone vibrated on my bed and I jumped to it thinking it was Laila.

Nat😍💖: I wish you were still here!! 😩

Nat you can't text me anymore... My girlfriend could catch us

Nat😍💖: so? I kept telling you! That bitch has nothing on me! Or else you wouldn't have come to me.

Natalia is a very beautiful girl with her head screwed on wrong. She's rich and spoiled and therefore feels like she can have anything, but the thing she never received was love. I do feel bad because I didn't give her any love but I just don't love her. I love Laila.

I sighed and blocked her number. "Theo! Man! I can't do it," I groaned.

"I told you! I don't want to hear it, you flirted and made that girl feel special! Even had sex with her! And the whole summer I was against it," Theo lectured and I rolled my eyes even though he's right.

"Let's go meet up with Laila and her family, mom and dad are almost here," Theo ordered and I sighed and grabbed my phone and keys. Theo and I drove up here with our parents but they probably got a "late start" this morning at meeting us here. I really think that their glad that we're gone. Just bunny humping now.

"Theo!" Laila jumped into Theo's arms and they spun around like this was a Romeo and Juliet play. I laughed.

"I hope you fall!" I teased and she hit me. The whole car ride she was just under me and smiling. Now I'm really feeling bad.

Tasha and Theo are reunited and my parents joined us for lunch. It felt good to all be together again and I must admit I'm going to miss my family.

Three hours later.

"Where were you all summer?" I teased Laila. We snuck off during freshman activities for a quicky. It didn't take too much of our time and we made it back before anyone noticed we were gone.

"He's cute! I wonder where he's from!" A girl not so quietly whispered to Laila.

"Who?" She said and I looked at them.

"Oh my gosh he's looking!!" The blonde replied.

"Oh! Alec?!" She laughed and I winked. "That's my boyfriend!" We laughed and I scooted closer to them and kissed her cheek.

The blondes mouth dropped. "He's your boyfriend?!"

"Is that a problem, Alexia?" Laila snapped.

"No no! I just didn't know that he's your type," the girl giggled. "Y'all are sexy together!" Laila smiled at her then gripped my thigh.

"You're looking at her too hard!" She teased in my ear. I blushed and looked away. Alexia is super hot, not as hot as Laila but still hot. Plus she seems boring and ditsy.

"Freshman!!!!!" Someone from the field yelled from a microphone. We all cheered.

"If you're from outta state scream!" A lot of people screamed. "But if you were born in this beautiful state yell your area code!"

"954..... 305....561.....831....." Everyone kept shouting and it was fascinating where everyone came from.

"Alexia is from California," Laila informed me.

"Where in Cali?" I asked nonchalantly. I didn't really care anymore, other than her looks she doesn't woo me but I'm being friendly because of Laila. She told me she's from Malibu and I nodded. Rich girl.

The people on the field talked about joining sororities and clubs and even open spots on sport teams. They have a surfing club and I might join because I've been surfing my whole life and I love it.

"I might join the surfing club," Alexis announced and I looked at Laila and then her.

"You surf?" I asked. I shouldn't be so shocked but she looks like the type of girl who'd join a sorority.

"Yeah and I swim competitively," she smiled and Laila rolled her eyes. I'm getting a vibe from Laila that I don't like. Somethings off about her but I don't know what. Maybe I'm just saying that because of what I did.

"Alec? Who's Natalia?" Laila asked and my neck snapped towards her. Her head is in her phone and she wouldn't look at me.

"What're you talking about?" I asked. She showed me her phone and it was a DM from Natalie on Instagram about me and her.

"Really? She's some crazy girl from over the summer. All summer she's been harassing me!" I brushed it off but really my heart is pounding.

"Don't lie, I'd rather you not lie," Laila sternly said. I promised her that I'm not lying. I shouldn't have but I did and I can't take it back now.

"Ok" Laila gave me a side eye but locked her phone. She leaned into me as we listened to the people on the field give us instructions about the games around campus.