Sophia

I heard from Grant that Samantha told him about Sean's little visit. Grant said that Samantha totally dissed him which is great! Time to work my magic.

I walked into the lunchroom and got my food. Ham and fake cheese sandwiches... wonderful. I sat down at my usual table with the Sophomores and I find Sean. I watch from the distance as he talked to Tiffany. He seemed a bit upset, but I assume he was talking about his next attempt to get Samantha to remember. I hope she doesn't remember. Or at least nothing about their relationship. Gerard came by and whispered something into Tiffany's ear. It must have been something important because Tiffany left with Gerard immediately. Sean was alone and writing down something or somethings on sheets of paper in front of him. I ate the rest of my food and walked to his table. He glanced up at me then quickly looked back down at his papers. I sat down next to him.

"Hey." I whispered. He ignored me. "How are you holding up?"

"Why do you care?" He snapped.

I jumped a little. I don't know why I am so nervous now. I am usually flirtatious, but I guess because he was going through a hard time.

"You are still a friend, no matter what. I still want to be able to be here for you."

His gaze went to my eyes. I could see the darkness behind his eyes, even through his glare.

I continued. "You shouldn't think too hard about her. You need to save yourself the stress. Listen, if you ever need someone to go to, I'm here."

"No thanks. Tiffany is a great help already."

"She can't help all the time though. Plus, I talk to Grant. I can get him away from her whenever you need it."

He paused from writing down his plan of his second attempt. I can tell he was considering it, because he took a couple of minutes before answering me.

"I'll think about it, but I will come to you when I need Grant out of the way. Alright?"

I was secretly excited, but I had to keep calm. I didn't want him to know I only wanted an excuse to be able to get into his good side. So far, my plan is working. Slow, but surely.

"Here's my number." I grabbed his paper and turned it over. I took his pen from his hand and wrote it down really quick. I flashed him a small smile when I was finished. He shifted his body a little away from me. Alright, not the reaction I expected.

"Thank you." He spoke in a tone that told me to go away. I started to get up, so I wouldn't push it. I lightly touched his shoulder, but his eyes didn't leave the paper.

"I'm here for you." I walked away with a smile on my face and a skip in my heart.