Sean

I sat in the chair by the window. My face were in my hands as I waited. Grant had left to go check in with his family and I was glad he did. I would have thrown him out the window if he had stayed another second.

I was on the verge of tears until Samantha walked in. She had a confused look. I wanted to get up and hug her, but she would have pushed me away. I didn't want anymore pain than what I already felt.

Her mother was a few feet away from me and she had a grim look. Samantha went to her and hugged her tight. As they hugged, Samantha's mother got teary eyed and resisted from crying.

I looked back down at the ground. My heart broke more each second watching Samantha not knowing who I was. I thought to myself about this as I still took it all in. I heard a cough and looked up. The doctor who had taken Samantha to the other room was in the doorway.

"I would like to speak to Sean and Samantha's mother."

Samantha let go and looked at her mother. Her mother whispered it was okay and told her to sit and lay in bed. Samantha's mother and I walked out of the room. He closed the door behind him and we walked away a few feet from the door.

The doctor's face was really pale, as if he had seen a ghost. I started to worry about the news he was about to deliver to us. He trembled as he spoke.

"I am afraid to say that Samantha has lost her earlier memory. She has her memory up till 2012 area..."

Samantha's mother had broke down and cried in my shoulders. I held her close and told her it was okay.

The doctor continued. "..but, Samantha can get her memory back. It may take a few years to get it back slowly or-"

"A few years?!" I shouted as I interrupted him. I was at full anger.

"Please, let me finish. Samantha's memory can come back slowly for a few years OR something has to be strong each to trigger the memories she most enjoyed. It could be family, friends, or even you Sean. I just don't know what could possibly work. I mean, the injury was pretty severe, but I believe that the people that love Samantha can find a way to trigger some memories. Until then, I need Samantha to stay here for a few weeks to do some research on her condition. She'll be fine here. I wish you guys the best of luck."

He had patted my back before entering the room to tell Samantha that she had to stay a few weeks more for stuff. Samantha's mother had followed him. I just stood there, stunned, from the news I had received. I tried to think of ways to get her memory back and I had a few things in mind. I didn't know if any of them would work, but it was a chance to try. I had to get Samantha back. I had to get my beautiful piece of perfection back into my loving embrace. I had to get my love back. No matter what it took.