Tiffany

I picked my head up when the doctor walked in. He had an upsetting look in his eyes, but he tried to shed some light on his with a weak smile. I stood up and Sean stood next to me. I held on to his hand tight, trying to hold back the tears.

"What's happening with her? Is she going to be okay?" Samantha's mother asked eagerly.

"Well," the doctor replied nervously, "she took a lot of pills. Weak and strong ones. She is lucky to lived past a couple of hours. She is lucky to be alive."

We all seemed to sigh a bit in relief, but the doctor went on.

"She is lucky to be alive, however, she is going to be in a coma for the next- Well, it's too soon to tell. She seems to be really deep into the one she's in at the moment."

I felt tears start to pour again.

 2 Hours Later

The doctor came back in the room about 11 0'clock at night. He had the results of how long she will be in the coma.

"I'm afraid to say that she will be in the coma for about 5 months. She is really deep in this state and it may even last longer than what the results show. I am terribly sorry." He looked down and slowly made his way out of the room.

Sean and I cried together. Samantha's parents had fallen asleep on the couch. I sat next to them and cried. Sean stood by Samantha's bed and stared at her. I slowly drifted to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had woken up later. I would say around 4 o'clock in the morning. I saw Sean still standing by her. Tears had dried but his eyes were full of sadness. I heard him whisper to her, as if she was listening.

"I am so sorry Samantha. I wished I knew the full story before I was so angry at you. I am sorry for all the pain I caused you that made you do this. I swear that I will say by your side till the coma ends and when you wake up. I will be there for every trouble you face. I will be there through every happy moment you live. I will live by you for the rest of our lives. I love you Samantha. Forever and Always. Please, wake up soon."

He leaned down and kissed her on her forehead. He went back to the window and looked at the city lights. I felt really bad for him. He was probably going through the same pain Samantha felt before she decided to over-dose, or maybe it's even worse for him.