Grant

Sean had left to get Tiffany and Gerard from an accidnet they got in. I stayed at the hospital because I had wanted to see Samantha alone originally. I wrote her a poem and I decided to read it to her when she was in the most peaceful state of all. I took out the sheet of folded paper out of my back pocket. I unfolded and started to read.

 "I know they way you used to like me

All I was, was the person you wanted to see

I am sorry I didn't realize your potential till now

Thinking about the past, makes me frown

I wish I could of opened my eyes sooner

As open as a full lunar

So, I hope you can wake up and forgive me

And I will treat you better than I could ever be"

I know that the poem was short, but for me, it had a lot of meaning. I wrote it from the heart. Although, I don't write poetry often, she was the inspiration for me to and I know she is unconscious, but I know, in a way, she could hear it.

I walked over to her bed and lightly stroked her cheek. It was freezing. I grabbed the part of the blanket that was covering her shoulder. I gently rubbed the blanket over her cheek to warm it up. After a bit, I went over her lips and went to her other cheek. I watched her sleep while doing it. She looked so beautiful. I bent over her and kissed her on the forehead. Then, I kissed her on the right cheek. After, I kissed her on the left cheek. Finally, I kissed her on the lips. As much as I knew that I wasn't supposed to, I couldn't help it. She was just so perfect. I liked her very much, but I can't say if it is love quite yet.

I thought about this while gazing over her beauty. Then, her eyelids started to twitch. I froze. Is she waking up? Her eyes opened and she yawned. She looked at me, puzzled. She spoke.

"Where am I? What happened?"

How was I supposed to word this? Do I just tell her bluntly?

"Well, you tried to kill yourself by taking many pain killers."

"Why would I do that?"

"Because Sean was mad at you and-"

"Who is Sean?" She interrupted.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know who Sean is."

Oh god. She doesn't remember her boyfriend. What else doesn't she remember?

"What grade are you in?" I asked, testing her.

"I'm in 6th grade, Grant." She gasped.

"What's wrong?"

"You're Grant.. I am sorry I didn't realize who you were." She started blushing and covering her face with her blanket.

She must only have her memory up to her liking me. This was my opportunity.

"Don't be shy," I uncovered her face. "I'm your boyfriend, remember?"

"Really?" Her eyes shone excitement.

"Yes." I kissed her forehead. "Don't let anyone tell you otherwise."

I kissed her on the lips.