Your hand rests on the arm around your waist, two of your fingers joining together to pinch his skin. He flinches a bit, though you can hear him chuckle as you shift in his arms so that you're facing him. He has a huge smile on his face as he stares down at you, and his dark hair is messier than Sora's and Roxas' combined.

"Geez, how long have you been sleeping?" you ask, reaching a hand out in an attempt to tame his hair.

"Awhile. This shoulder injury's been kind of limiting," he points out, and your eyes dart down to his shoulder. The stab wound from Xigbar is covered with thick, white gauze. "Though that didn't keep me from stopping by at least 20 times a day to try and see you. Ven makes quite the bodyguard."

The bitterness in his voice causes you to giggle lightly as you reach a hand out, trailing a finger down his cheek.

"I'm sorry," you mutter, your eyes slowly meeting his. "I just couldn't face you..."

Silence falls over the two of you, though his hand is slowly starting to move up and down your side. His deep blue eyes are practically boring into yours, doing his best to pry any sort of emotional response from you.

"Then why are you here now?" he finally asks, his voice filled with genuine curiosity. There's nothing accusatory about him at all.

"To apologize. I've missed you."

If the statement shocks him, he doesn't show it. His face immediately lights up before he pulls you close to him, his face nuzzling into your neck as you release a content sigh. Your hands start to run through his hair, playing with the locks as he holds you like he's scared you're going to disappear. His body is covering yours, a surprisingly comfortable feeling since he's quite a bit bigger than you.

"I missed you, too."

As he speaks, his lips brush against your skin again. This time you can't stop a small shiver from running up your spine, and Zack pulls back with a smug smirk.

"... I'm cold," you lie, and he rolls his eyes.

"Uh huh, sure," he mumbles sarcastically, one of his hands resting on the pillow beside your head to support his weight without crushing you. The look on his face tells you he wants to continue teasing you, but instead he releases a heavy sigh. "Why'd you cut me out this past week, [Name]?"

You start to frown, glancing towards the side and away from the male.

"I already told you. I couldn't face you."

"But why?" he presses, leaning down and brushing his nose against your cheek to gain your attention again.

You give in, glancing up at him once more. He looks so upset, it makes you feel like the absolute worst person on the planet.

"Because I thought you'd hate me," you admit with a shrug.