Fight To The Death

The Castle That Never Was looks nothing like a castle, you realize as you step off of the glowing green path. No, it looks just like a ship, with futuristic silver walls and open skies all around. The thought of Roxas and Axel living here is so depressing you can barely wrap your mind around it, so instead you focus your attention back on the group.

"Where to now?" you ask, tapping the tip of your black sword on the ground beneath your feet.

"Start walking. They'll be sure to find us eventually," Cloud replies, starting to walk forward.

You follow, cautiously. An ambush could happen any minute, and you needed to be prepared. You start to nervously fiddle with the headset in your ear, making sure it's secure. Anything is better than focusing on your surroundings. The castle was actually hauntingly beautiful, but you could admire it later.

"An elevator?" Reno asks, glancing back at Roxas and Axel.

You stare ahead, eyes landing on what looks like an industrial lift. It's huge, with three translucent walls. At least claustrophobia wouldn't set in with the size.

"Kind of. It's gonna take us where we need to go, though," Roxas agrees, stepping inside.

Once the last person sets their foot inside, a buzzing noise enters your ear and the fourth wall springs up behind you. The sensation of rising grows in your stomach, and you realize the room is flying upwards with a great amount of speed. The feeling only lasts a few moments, and before you know it one of the walls disappears and you're left staring at a winding staircase in the middle of the air. The walls of the new room are made completely of windows, and the night's sky surrounds you. A pale glow is floating in from outside, but you're unable to find the source.

"Why is everyone so quiet?" Zack asks with a small laugh, glancing around.

"What's there to say?" Genesis retorts, and silence once again falls as you start to walk up the short staircase and through a doorway into a new room.

Huge, vaulted ceilings are the first thing you notice, along with a balcony on the second floor. A thin platform is all that's on the first floor, giving the room a vast, empty feeling. [1]

"This is just a little too calm," Axel mutters, successfully voicing everyone's thoughts.

"Is it?" a voice echoes through the air, and your gaze snaps forward when you realize a lone man is now standing on the platform.

The hood of his Organization robe is down, revealing long sandy hair and bright green eyes.

"I heard you defeated Larxene," Vexen barks, a large blue shield appearing in his hand. He holds it in front of his body, bracing himself as his lips curl up in a sneer. "I won't be as easy."

"Yeah, right. What could you possibly..."

Xion trails off as she glances down at her feet, a tiny shriek leaving her lips when she realizes that her feet are trapped to the ground by large chunks of ice.