Bedtime Stories

I would suggest reading Axel's result - it has some extra information and a sneak-peak of what's to come ;D

---------->>>>>>>>---------<<<<<<<<------------

Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang.

"Whoa, settle down there, Scarface."

"Technically, she's 'Scarneck'," Leon teases as you twist your head around to see he and Reno standing behind you.

"I forgot, you're the only Scarface around here," Reno corrects himself with a sly glance towards Leon, who rolls his eyes.

"How are you feeling, [Name]?" Leon asks, obviously ignoring the redhead beside him.

"Better," you tell them with a small nod as you lower your hand that's gripping your gun, your voice still fairly raspy.

"I think your shooting is getting better. You look way  too good with that gun," Reno muses.

You bite on your lower lip and fight back the urge to smile as you walk towards them, away from the shooting range behind you.

"Really?" you ask hoarsely.

"Yeah, you haven't missed the target once," Leon points out. "Let's get you inside, though. Riku wants to change your bandages."

You let out a groan before following them inside. It had been a couple days since Larxene's attack, and you had barely been allowed outside. It was nice being spoiled by everyone, but the extra security was getting really annoying. Thankfully, Zack had decided that once you were fully trained in gun combat, you'd be allowed to go out on a mission... So, you were forcing Leon and Reno to help you as much as humanly possible.

>> Fast-Forward >>

"It's looking a lot better," Riku muses as he dabs your four distinct scars with a cloth soaked in hydrogen peroxide.

"Yeah?" you ask through a grimace.

The hydrogen thankfully hurt less than it had the first time, but it still burned pretty badly. You glance over at Riku, whose face is very close to yours. He looks very concentrated, and you smile a bit as you reach out to gently place your hand on top of his.

"Thanks so much, Riku. You've been really sweet the past couple of days."

His eyes dart to yours, and you can see a glint of amusement flash in his teal eyes.

"It's my pleasure, [Name]," he replies, sitting upright. "Alright, the worst part's over with. Let me just wrap this up, and then-"

"Where's [Name]?!"

"Why do you wanna know?"